CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

mr hp fsr piston

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2004, 06:31 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mr hp fsr piston

i been opening my ds and adding a piston, cams, port the head, looked the fsr lightweight piston, hr2, and port work from mr hp. has any one tryed this items.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-04-2004, 09:27 PM
Pro Rider
Default mr hp fsr piston

Talk to Mrhp he will set you up with what you want. I have the stock bore HPR 14:1,Cams,Port Work,46HV,and End Cap..The combo rocks. You kinda lost me on the fsr, and hr2 but just do what eric recomends for your riding style and you wont go wrong. PS when he tells you you need to upgrade something listen to him(clutches in my case).
Justin

Old 12-04-2004, 10:28 PM
Pro Rider
Default mr hp fsr piston

Ditto

Old 12-04-2004, 11:28 PM
Pro Rider
Default mr hp fsr piston

I have a '00 DS650 (stock bore & stroke) with HPR 14:1 piston, HPR3 cams. lectron 46HV carb, barnet HD 9disc clutch, HPR head work, billet end cap for trail riding, HPR drag pipe & HPR chromolly wheelie bar for drag racing. Nothing but great results.

It's time for another build with the new used DS, whats next[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img].

Old 12-05-2004, 12:44 AM
Pro Rider
Default mr hp fsr piston

I just installed the 9 disk in mine last night, going to do some runs tomorrow and find out how they worked.

Hey CountryJoeGlass,
Do you leave the silencer on while you run the drag pipe? I want to run the drag pipe, but be able to swap back to full exhaust for trail riding.
Justin

Old 12-05-2004, 01:04 AM
Pro Rider
Default mr hp fsr piston

Originally posted by: JDsBusa
I just installed the 9 disk in mine last night, going to do some runs tomorrow and find out how they worked.

Hey CountryJoeGlass,
Do you leave the silencer on while you run the drag pipe? I want to run the drag pipe, but be able to swap back to full exhaust for trail riding.
Justin
JDsBusa Yes I do, I did the same thing as you. Not a problem, it's a quick swap. Also you will love the pull of the new clutch, it's like stock.

Old 12-06-2004, 11:38 PM
Pro Rider
Default mr hp fsr piston

How much of a change do you make with the metering rod(turnwise) and do you change the powerjet?
Swapping back and forth?
Justin

Old 12-07-2004, 08:30 PM
Pro Rider
Default mr hp fsr piston

country joe, i have been looking at the drag pipe myself...does it make that good of a power gain as a couple of mentioned? i think it was mario that said it was the best power gain of any of his mods he had done...

Old 12-07-2004, 11:16 PM
Pro Rider
Default mr hp fsr piston

Countryjoe's bick rocks. Its smokes mine. I just have the end cap 44mmelectron k&n and no lid. his pipes are easy to change as well.

Old 12-08-2004, 09:10 PM
Pro Rider
Default mr hp fsr piston

JDsBusa yes you will need to change the power jet & richin the metering rod alittle. It's just a 5 minute change out for power jet & adjusting metering rod. You might be able to set it up for the drag pipe & still run your standard pipe on the fat side. Just not run your drag pipe with standard pipe set up (to lean). I'm still playing around with my set up switching back & forth, I'll let you know what I end up at.

TheBigShow your 720 motor with dual carbs would love the drag pipe for drag racing or hill shooting. Jumping & tite riding areas will not work with how low it sits. But if your more into drag racing or hill shooting you'll love it.
If I make it to LS OK soon or you make it down here, I'll let you try the drag pipe out on your bike.

Quick Reply: mr hp fsr piston