CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Stroking the DS....

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2004, 12:57 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stroking the DS....

The 720's I've run into are pretty much just as fast (with similar set-up, rider weight, tires, etc.) The strokers just have a bunch more torque.

I've left my swingarm stock so I can pull the front end up when I want to. My build is for the dunes but, can run with many at the drags.

Entomber:

Are you looking at a new jug or repair of your jug? Hate the leaking head gasket [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

I think the 720 can be rev. out a bit more than the 760.

TheBom has run them all and can give more of a heads-up comparison. I don't think I've ever actually ridden a 720.

You gain HP and torque.

You can go strictly big bore now for right around $2k. The problem is you will want head work to go along with that + cams + valve springs + new carb(s) + clutch springs + stiffer head bolts + manual cam chain tensioner +++

Old 12-06-2004, 01:39 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Entomber
DuneMe,

Husker,
Actually the HV46 woke up my bike ALL THE WAY AROUND. I love this carb. I just need to dial it in a bit more. Has a slight bog which I'm sure I can get rid of. Since I put that carb on and fiddled with the Clutch my DS pull strong now, but I would like a Raptor like ease of front end off the ground at will effect.
Entomber, the DS with the specs mine has I rival the 400x when it comes to wheeliein, I have even entertained maybe a longer swing arm for the wheelin I can't stop cost me alot of drag races. I did notice a problem losing the bottom end more than I liked with my 46HV so I decided to scrap it for now and I like the stock carb tuned for the motor, the 46 Lectron I did notice animal attacking top end but in the sand drags I really didn't notice it helped me as I raced close to 1K elevation in the race, torque and all out low end grunt is I feel best for keeping speed and rpm up. I did notice the Lectron let me carry one higher gear up the montain but of course the speed was not really anything that would pull win in front of another bike, just maintain the just about the same speed. Does anyone here who is repleying to this tread ever go to Sand Mountain NV I'm always looking to ride with other people. MY buddy is out of commission he broke his tail bone in 4 places last month when we went their on the giant bowl they have their he was wide open in 4th gear and hit a large woop and it was all over. he is using a walker now for about 8 weeks was in a wheel chair and just think I was laughing at him right after it happened, didn't think he hurt himself other than not the air out of him.

Old 12-06-2004, 01:55 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Yeh Jim. . . Sand Mt. is my regular place.

Your camper and family look just like mine. Suprised we haven't run into eachother yet [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I'ld sure like to get a hand on your sister if I wasn't already married. . . whoa.

Our next trip is to Glamis and we probably won't hit Sand Mt. until at least Feb. It's dam cold out there right now. My nipples get all hard and they end up raw from rubbing on my shirt when it is so cold. Man that hurts.

We are usually circled up out to the left of the first bathroom. A bunch of mostly Weekend Warriors, there are now two 35' 5th wheelers in the group. Most of the group doesn't get on the forums. The group is getting more and more DS's in it but, a few Raptor's, YFZ's and Shee's too.

Old 12-06-2004, 02:05 PM
Pro Rider

DuneMe, I usually use band-aids then when I'm done with them I chew on them...just kidding, anyhow sounds as if you park close to us as well, I find that spot ideal for my 5 yr old for he rides his LT80 their nice and flat with a few side hills he can play on. Yell the next time you head that way I try to meet up with guys with my buddies one rides preddy(He likes getting abused on the sand by me) and Al the guy who broke his tail bone on his...well I hate to tell you this...Warrior! yes thats why he got hurt not enough bike to soak up the jumps and rough stuff, he wants to get a yammie 450 by spring he probably will him wife give in all the time she did on the HD's he has...

Old 12-06-2004, 02:31 PM
Pro Rider

My nipples get all hard and they end up raw from rubbing on my shirt when it is so cold. Man that hurts.

atleast you have a place to hang your car keys while you ride[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-06-2004, 04:27 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

[quote]
Originally posted by: DuneMe
Originally posted by: sandbomber

What's the bore and stroke on that 840 you're building? Sounds like that will be a fun one!

Are you going to put Nitrous to it and drag it or just set it up for duning?
It will be a 108mm bore and 91mm stroke. It will be on my drag frame with custom swingarm and shee jj&a axle with other light parts. I will run with carbs then try the boondockers for that little extra kick to get over my dream hp #s

Old 12-06-2004, 08:37 PM
Pro Rider

Spoke to Eric today and he pretty much told me the downlow on what I can expect from a Stroker. I asked him to send me a quote via fax and I'll see where my budget lies. Maybe spend 5k and do it ALL!!! I know that sounds insane.... but I want a big bad DS cause they are pretty rare here and planning to do visit the west coast.. who knows may move out there soon.

Old 12-06-2004, 08:48 PM
Pro Rider

so what did eric say???