CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

ScoobyDFW IS SELLING

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2000, 12:27 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That just means you haven't run into the right people. Just because someone doesn't want to race, doesn't mean the ATV they are on sucks.

I raced a new Banshee that had Sand Skate II's against my 3 hour old DS650 with stock everything, including tires, in the sand and spanked him. The rider was 100lbs lighter and my carb was sputtering in first and second gear. Yes, I started in first, because I hadn't found out about quicker starts from second yet. He got about a fifty-foot lead, but once I hit third and fourth I caught up to and passed him quickly. This race was only about 150 yards in total distance before he just gave up after seeing me just blow by him. When he caught up to me in the parking area, he asked if my quad was stock.

As far as the blazing new trails up hills, maybe they are new to the ATV sport and are intimidated by the size of the dunes? I know for a fact that my DS650 will absolutely kill every dune on the Oregon coast. I did it. It was almost a joke. I could go as slow as walking speed or as fast as I felt safe going up any dune. If I had reverse, I would try that too!

Maybe those other riders were sick of all the challenges, like myself. I know I can beat any stock quad out there, except another DS650 with a lighter rider. So, what's the point of continually racing? I ride to have fun.

My question is, why do the owners of Hondas and especially Yamahas have to continually come into this forum and bash the DS650 and tell us why they won't/didn't buy the DS650?!?!?!?! Were you guys so bored with the same old ATV's every year with "Great new graphics!" for only $300 more than last year's model, that with the introduction of something new, you have to bash it to make yourself feel better and feel more important?

Laters,
CRT_Leech