CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

NEW YEARS and GLAMIS???

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2004, 01:32 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW YEARS and GLAMIS???

Anyone going down. I will be there from thursday through sunday NY weekend.

Old 12-17-2004, 02:28 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

You have some of that Devils brew i will cruise over from gordons to see you!!!! ill more than likely come over any way's but the home brew of your is alway's nice.where you camping.

PS: there is a batch of guy's that will be camping at gordonswell[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-17-2004, 02:40 PM
Pro Rider

We were planning on The glamis store area. I was hoping to get to the least insane area possible. Where are you going to be. Or where would you recommend. I am coming with the toy hauler and My buddy corey may have his rail done by then. (I want to bum a ride in your new rail, heard about it at sand mtn, never seen it) We will have the 800 vforce(nos)and the turbo DS for sure. Corey can chime in on where we were planning on camping when he reads this post.

justin

Old 12-17-2004, 03:14 PM
Pro Rider

I was planning on heading to glamis for new years, but I think I screwed up my work schedule, oh well.

Cracker Jack, I doubt camping by the Glamis beach store will be the least insane place to camp. Usually that area is packed on holidays. Another thing is the sand drags are now open behind the store, they run till midnight I belive. On new years they are having proffesional sand drag cars racing, I am sure they will not be quiet! Only a problem if you got early sleepers in your camp. The washes are usually the least crowded, the further you go down, the less people you will see.

Old 12-17-2004, 03:20 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Justin:

AZ will have a great group of people around him. But, I think they are mostly rails and you'll probably want to be at Glamis instead of Gordon's Well, just because more of the quad guys will be at Glamis.

If you get near Wash 10 you are real close to Boardmanville and a little further away from the Beach Store Drags.

See if you can get some video of you running the flat drags at Gecko Road in the afternoons. That flat area really lets you open it up. High Pucker Factor!

Are you going to make it for MLK weekend?

Old 12-17-2004, 03:31 PM
Pro Rider

It doesn't look like it for MLK, but maybee. We were planning on going down glamis road a ways and finding a spot. It that where the washes are. I have only been to buttercup and glamis road. I did get into the drags last year and the pucker factor was definitely present. Where is gordon's well exactly.

Old 12-17-2004, 03:32 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

We will be at gordonwells because glamis will be a ZOO!!!!! But Duneme is correct most of the guy's in our group will be in rails but we have several quads and bikes too!!! we will drive over to glamis to hang out at least one day. the wahses sounds like a good place for you because right behind the store is HEII on new years eve.

31 miles due south of glamis threw the dunes.Right across the road from butter cup [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-17-2004, 06:13 PM
Pro Rider

AZsand,

Is there any way you would have room for a DS when you head back to phoenix. I want to have Kelly go through the bike. I would then come down and get it towards the end of january. I was hoping to get lucky and not have to run it the rest of the way down.

Old 12-17-2004, 10:00 PM
Trailblazer

You guys are crazy for camping in those dustbowl washed out areas. The farther you go down that wash road the farther you are from anywhere. We park in the sand on the road to Old's and mostly 4WD's are the only one's to get back there. No crowds just lot's of area and right smack in the middle of everything. Also the rangers don't bother you either. The only drawback is having to air down and up. I have a dope compressor that fill me up in minutes!! I'll be there if anybody needs a pit stop or a cold one on the way back from Old's!!

Old 12-17-2004, 11:07 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Im sure we can get it on one of our trailers[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: NEW YEARS and GLAMIS???