CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

NEW TURBO SETUP!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2004, 11:49 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW TURBO SETUP!!!!!!

The new setup is almost finished. KMS now has a complete third generation efi. No more tuning. By the middle of january I should have a system that completely self adjusts. I will also be running a 10 horse shot of nos. It will automatically adjust to the nos so a self made cheap nos delivery system only is all that is needed. I am working to put one together now and it should only cost 180-200$ for the entire nos system. I have to get a more accurate O2 sensor and then Kelly at KMS is inserting a second board in the ECU which will make the huge changes. He has already ran the system to perfection including the NOS setup. In the last four months I have had three or four upgrades to the first mapping system and each time it improved but this next change should be huge.

The system is not available quite yet although a couple bikes will have it set up for four stroke wars.

justin

Old 12-23-2004, 12:32 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

Right on Justin, Great to hear. Should be a screamer! It already was.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I will need to upgrade next season. I should be satisfied with a 270 lbs ds NON OEM frame and fresh motor. We will have to meet up again it was fun racin last time. Good luck with your new creation. Im sure youll have the longer swingarm and other lighter stuff. Cant wait to see it run.

Old 12-23-2004, 12:37 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Great post and info Justin. Can't wait so see it.

Do you know how it is that this board does the tuning itself where the other required user interface?

Do you select the fuel/air ratio and it tunes in or does it have a fixed ratio?

Sounds like a sweet deal. Glad it's working out for you.

Old 12-23-2004, 01:02 AM
Pro Rider

I am working on getting the extended swing arm and the lighter parts. I just got the new set of double buff 22" rears.

The new O2 sensor is a lot more sensitive and alot faster getting the reading so the changes can be made internally. The previous system could not correct quickly enough. I am not sure of all the specifics but I know you enter the O2 reading you want and it constantly adjusts to stay in that range. I talked with kelly today and he said I could put a new piston with different compression or even change the valves and not touch the fuel delivery system. It will automatically adjust. Add nos and it adjusts instantly. Duneme, you will be seeing the turbo nos combo at four stroke wars. It should be sweeeeet.

justin

Old 12-23-2004, 01:28 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Listening[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-23-2004, 01:43 AM
Pro Rider

we will be running wide band O2 sensors, far superior to the narrow band that has been used in the past. I'm looking forward to the new set up too. As cracker has mentioned, dry nitrous shots are no problem.

Old 12-23-2004, 01:51 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Major:

You going to this set-up too?

Great thread. Sounds like an awesome set-up.

Is KMS offering a Nitrous injection point on the trottlebody?

Just need to build the intercooler with a hole in it that will accept the 5# bottle and offer heating to the bottle while cooling the turbo intake air at the same time. . . Keep from needing a bottle heater.

Old 12-23-2004, 09:59 AM
Pro Rider

Duneme,
I'd image that the fogger nozzle will still be installed in the intake manifold, its quick and easy to do. I have no intentions of running juice again, my bike is plenty fun the way it is, but there will be alot of peace of mind with the new version of the fuel injection. BTW did you see the KMS turbo Ds in dirt wheel ( Jan) ? Its a pic from the sand show not the full article yet.

Old 12-23-2004, 10:53 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Is the new setup going to cost more or is it going to be the same price??

Old 12-23-2004, 10:58 AM
Pro Rider

I am not sure if kelly is going to include the changes at the same price. I know the O2 sensor is more money by 2-400$ and the extra circuit board. I know it is costing me a little to upgrade. I will ask him the next time we speak.

justin

Quick Reply: NEW TURBO SETUP!!!!!!