CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

How much do speeding tickets cost in you state?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2005, 06:54 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much do speeding tickets cost in you state?

December 19th, it was Sunday just after noon, paved "backroad" posted 35mph I looked down at my speedo and noticed I was running an even 50...up ahead a red pickup was coming my way going reeeal slow and then I saw the tailgater behind him was a cop. We pass and the tailgating officer whips around and proceeds to give me a ticket and a "break"--10 over in OK doesn't go on your record. BUT today when I paid the ticket I couldn't believe how much it cost me...$150.90! That's a lot of jack for a guy making $11.00 hr...yeah new job sucks. Anyway, I asked the county clerk if that was a county established fine or if it was statewide. She said that was the state minimum......yeah, Oklahoma is ran by crooks...and they obviously don't give a crap about catching them either. Just wondering what you other lawbreakers out there in other states pay for a similar crime.

Old 01-04-2005, 09:12 AM
Pro Rider

10 over for me abiut 8 months ago was $66 and some change...i feel for you !! this is in Nebraska [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-04-2005, 09:24 AM
Pro Rider

Yep that sounds about right here in Arizona too. DPS prices are not the same some of the citys here and god help ya if you get snagged in a school zone. I reserve my speeding for the freeways and the open desert / dunes. Anymore, the speeding tickets are almost cheaper than the classes you can take every two years.
If it wasnt for cruise controll I would have more tickes !! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 01-04-2005, 10:59 AM
sam
Pro Rider

in MI you not only got to pay the fine they also bill you for the next two years for some amount. one of those late night legeslation things that know one knows about till you get the bill in the mail. REAL NICE!!!!!

Old 01-04-2005, 11:11 AM
Pro Rider

my boss just got nailed yesterday. 63 in a 45. $144

Old 01-04-2005, 11:15 AM
Pro Rider

Not sure about a speeding ticket here in southern cal. but a california stop (thats not coming to a complete stop before proceeding) cost me 357 bones last month[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
I'll say this...it sure as hell cured me. I now come to a COMPLETE stop even if there is no one remotely close to the intercection.

Old 01-04-2005, 12:25 PM
CED
Pro Rider

54 in a 45,cost me $149.

Old 01-04-2005, 12:31 PM
Pro Rider
Has Been Around Here Quite Awhile!

I got my first one in 10 years last month. I wa sdoing 41 in a 25 mph zone. It cost me $77

Old 01-04-2005, 12:52 PM
Range Rover

NY is high too. These governments are using the $$$ from fines to cover budget shortages now. They are to a point where it is depended on as income. A fine as leverage to slow you down is not the main point of the $$$ they charge

Old 01-04-2005, 06:22 PM
Pro Rider

65 in a 35 is a reckless driving in MI.I think it was 120 bucks.That doesnt hurt as much as
the insurance rate.I was going around a tight corner in a 3/4 ton truck with all the tools and ladders
to build a house.There is no way in hell i was gong that fast.Dont get me wrong i do have a lead
foot,that day was not a day that it was heavy.

Quick Reply: How much do speeding tickets cost in you state?