CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

DS Discontinued

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2005, 08:39 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DS Discontinued

Guys, I just got back from a dealer here where I live to do a second side-by-side comparison of the DS to the X model (I took my first look last week). Unfortunately for me the Viper was no longer there as it was sold last Saturday [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Anyway, I asked the sales person if they'd be getting any more in and the answer I got back was no and by the way Bomb no longer is making them! According to this person they were led to believe something else would replace it for 06 but no more DS's are being made now. Now what I can't be clear on is whether they just meant the base model DS or they meant the X as well.

Also, I called a bunch of dealers today looking at stocks for any potential buy I might decide and all the ones I asked said the dealer meeting was in June and they wouldn't know much about 06s until then (I asked about 4 different shops today).

Old 02-04-2005, 09:07 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default DS Discontinued

something's got to be up, I continue to have a h*ll of a time getting any OEM parts for the DS. this is not good. and many of the parts for the fuel injected F650 motor are no longer compatible with the DS motor.

Old 02-04-2005, 09:12 PM
Range Rover
Default DS Discontinued

What kind of parts are you having trouble getting?

Also, just talked to another dealer (this one is big) and they said that the shop I talked to must've been just trying to sell me a X model because they said only this year's production run is finished, not the DS itself. I wonder who's got the real deal.

Old 02-04-2005, 09:22 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!
Default DS Discontinued

I think Bombardier just landed a gigantic contract making school buses,,,,,so they had to trim a little fat.

j/k

Old 02-04-2005, 10:45 PM
Pro Rider
It's official, I've been duning for over 30 years.
Default DS Discontinued

" I think Bombardier just landed a gigantic contract making school buses,,,,,so they had to trim a little fat." lol
and they didn't even have too change over the production line!

Old 02-04-2005, 11:02 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default DS Discontinued

This is just my opinion, and an optomistic one at that, but I do not believe the DS is being discontinued at all. The BRP website has new promotions that were updated at the very end of '04, and they have expanded their accesories line and added some new DS mod stuff even. Things are more than likely changing along with the new management structure and BRP branching off from the bigger side of the Bom company, and these changes may have effected production runs and caused some restructuring of future runs, but I do not believe it is over by any means.

There have been rumors abound about a new DS400, it would be great if they were temporarily slowing up 650 productions while they try to calculate new numbers for the '06 production run that will be effected by such a new machine as the DS400. Not trying to start a new rumor here, I have nothing conclusive to confirm this, just expanding thoughts on current rumors cause its fun!

Old 02-05-2005, 12:14 AM
Pro Rider
Default DS Discontinued

Hmmmmm. This is very interesting. The only thing I do know is that most manufacturers (of any product) have a big sale when they are getting ready to stop producing something. If they did decide to totally discontinue the DS, I doubt that spare parts will be affected for at least a year. Time will tell ....

Old 02-05-2005, 01:16 AM
Pro Rider
Default DS Discontinued

They have to produce parts for six years after the cease of production.

Old 02-05-2005, 08:52 AM
Range Rover
Default DS Discontinued

Ya, They would'nt stop macking parts, look at Yamaha there gross sales for raptor parts is almost as much as raptor unit sales.

Old 02-05-2005, 10:18 AM
Range Rover
Default DS Discontinued

[quote]
Originally posted by: Dunnycat
Ya, They would'nt stop macking parts, look at Yamaha there gross sales for raptor parts is almost as much as raptor unit sales.[/

Yeah, yamaha sure has a cash cow in Raptor parts, my neighbor has replaced about half of the parts on his 01 and it doesn't even get ridden that much.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: DS Discontinued