CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

St. Anthony's noise restrictions

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2005, 07:39 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default St. Anthony's noise restrictions

Oldturtle sounds like a liberal loser but. . . that's just me lol. A little bitter about the fact that I enjoy living in California despite all the liberals trying to impose their judgement on me then criticizing me and the rest of the Conservatives that actually have values.

Enough of that!

Seriously though. . . you think the Resort would be better for a group of Weekend Warriors that aren't afraid of dry camping? Don't mind paying a few bucks but, would rather be close to the riding - especially for the kids if they can ride just outside of camp.

Does the resort have a kids playground? Anything they will really enjoy?

Thanks.

Old 02-23-2005, 08:02 PM
Pro Rider

No playground available. For a bunch of weekend warriors either place would work. Dry camping at the resort allows you to circle the trailers and have a fire in the middle. The BLM camping is side by side but that would work also. The BLM campground is closer to the big hills and the lake. It is also easier to get the kids to a riding area from the blm campground. the resort is sticklers about the kids riding much and has a narrow 300 yard trail all wooped out to get to the dunes.

All in all my choice would be the BLM campground. Less money and the kids love the lake. None of it is the greatest camping.

justin

Old 02-23-2005, 08:12 PM
Pro Rider

I will keep my quad quite, so oldturtle wont get disturbed while he is out riding. since that is about the only place you can hear it anyway.

I kinda like elgin. its closer to the big dunes. no running out of gas issues when heading to choke. theres usely a guy there in the summer with a trailer full of parts, gas and ICE CREAM! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]. to each his own I guess.

Old 02-23-2005, 08:41 PM
Pro Rider

the BLM campground is the best. Its free and the closest to the big dunes, the riding from the resort to BLM is about 5 miles of mostly whooped area's with lot of lava rock. from the blm campground west is where the good riding is. As long as you get there between monday and thursday you will be able to get spots without a problem.

Sean

Old 02-23-2005, 10:02 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Duneme, theres three places to camp. Sand Hills resort is at the far end of the dunes. About a 25 minute ride to the big dunes. There is grass, hookups, playground, what have ya.
Five minutes from the big dunes is Desert Oasis. they have the dry camp, hookups, etc.. Then theres Egin lake, they have slots for your Trailers. All Three places can handle as big of rig as you can drive. Desert Oasis Is great for bigger groups so you can pull you rigs in a circle like mentioned earlier, then a nice quick jaunt and you to thunder for some action. You better give me a shout when you head up though. Jed

Old 02-23-2005, 10:16 PM
Pro Rider

I actually heard that BLM is charging this year.
Can anyone confirm this??

Old 02-24-2005, 12:47 AM
Pro Rider

They have charged since last year it was 8 buck a night for one spot!! They are doing some changes so may be higher this yea!! There going to be drinking faucets at all the restroom spots and there are firepits at all the campsites also picnic tables and a few with shellter over the tables!!

As for noise restrictions I have not heard of that yet but who knows a lot has changed out there in the last few years!!

I have few pics of the campground at My webshots Under sand pics 1/22/05!

Later

Old 02-24-2005, 01:18 AM
Range Rover

hey bus, check out my pics. I snaked a photo of your bud!! For the record, Gene is the nicest old man once you get to know him, but the rest of the folks he meets swears he has a foreskin for a neck.

--

Old 02-24-2005, 01:24 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ds650ratrider
hey bus, check out my pics. I snaked a photo of your bud!! For the record, Gene is the nicest old man once you get to know him, but the rest of the folks he meets swears he has a foreskin for a neck.

--
I have to admit, he has always been nice to me. They ARE extremely strict there though![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 02-24-2005, 01:26 AM
Pro Rider

hey predatorkickass. In some of those pics i see snowmobile tracks. I know its been a bad snow year out there so i take it they get more snow on the dunes and sleds are legal on them? I'd love to hit the dunes on my sleds, might have to do that sometime we head out to island park.

Sean

Quick Reply: St. Anthony's noise restrictions