CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

True Drag Set-Up?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2005, 08:04 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default True Drag Set-Up?

Originally posted by: sandbomber
My next ds swingarm will be titanium with jj&a alum axle. Ultra lite wheels and a 520 chain and lighter hubs are also a good start. Its like adding hp!!!!

How much is this axle? Less than the RAD titanium I hope.

Old 03-03-2005, 09:57 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: VEGAS650
Originally posted by: sandbomber
My next ds swingarm will be titanium with jj&a alum axle. Ultra lite wheels and a 520 chain and lighter hubs are also a good start. Its like adding hp!!!!

How much is this axle? Less than the RAD titanium I hope.

Old 06-02-2005, 06:23 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Alright guys, all of these replies are helping me everytime I go out and run....I have seen some bikes with these mods done and Im at the tip of the iceberg as we speak...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]. I guess you never get too fast, LOL!

Old 01-02-2006, 07:00 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Well, I just thought we could take a little look to see just how far the spiderbike came in 6 months time...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I think Im almost persuaded to believe that its beginning to look kinda like a drag bike, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 01-02-2006, 01:54 PM
amd
Pro Rider

Choose are you bored today?..LMAO[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-02-2006, 02:17 PM
Range Rover

Choose,give me the update on the spiderbike! are you still "bolt on" i thought i might have remembered seeing you say you were going to NOS until she blows and then makin the magic happen after that. I was watching the video of you i had on my camera and i cant imagine what that bike is gonna be running like after you get done. i think your really grabbing a lot of attention with the drag set-up. Maybe even starting a whole new drag revolution? They have a hard time beating the rotax in a huge, bulky hog, but what happens when you mix the rotax, with a light-weight frame, and top it off with some mods from some of the best builders in the US? maybe even sprinkle some NOS on top? that bike is gonna be awesome, the people that have saw it run already know what im talkin about. How is the Temp. thing goin? still only makin 2-3 passes a time?

Old 01-09-2006, 12:00 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Cline, Im very sorry that it has taken me this long to reply. Yes the bike will be on at 20 shot of NOS whenever it comes out the shop. We are putting the final touches on the chassis as we speak...adding a little bling in the mix. We are also addressing the cooling problem. It is expected to tip the scales at no more than 300lbs when completed. I dont know about starting a new drag revolution...but I think it has made some folks wake up and realize that you can go very fast on just a bolt-on bike with the right chassis combination. Also, that is still the same plan...to run it on NOS until it blows and then do something totally outside the box with the motor build. Speed costs money, How fast do ya want to go! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-09-2006, 10:59 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!

True Drag Set-Up?
Loose two strokes on the engine!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Seriously; for an all out four stroke drag engine your going to have it give it oxygen..........a lot of O2!!!
To do this you are going to have to super charge it or get it with N2O.

If I was doing this I would personally do it with N2O...........Lots and lots of N2O.
The only way your going to give it the amount you need to win a serious heads up drag race is to go with a controller. If you don't use a controller and inject the amount I'm talking about, your going to run over your crank or have a your piston stuck in places you don't want it to go. From what I have read about the Rotax they are a very strong engine with good internals. Go with a good piston, cams, carbs and a good port job with a controller and you will be on your way. Of course you will need a ton of other stuff like a light frame and all of the other light goodies. From what I have read, the hardest part is going to be keeping a clutch in it. A progressive lock-up would solve that problem.
Have fun spending your $$$$'s. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 01-10-2006, 12:28 AM
amd
Pro Rider

If I was doing this I would personally do it with N2O...........Lots and lots of N2O.

YEA!!YEA!!! ME TOO!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]