CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Where can I get best deal on entire a-arm set?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2005, 03:38 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where can I get best deal on entire a-arm set?

I was pulling out my a-arms and then realize one of the lower ones had a small tear in the ball joint rubber boot area. I have a set of aftermarket uppers, but at this point I just want to replace them all. SO I'm going to hock everything and start anew. Where or who can give me the best deal. I prefer something with the relatively inexpensive to replace hem joints. Thanks to any who reply.

Old 03-06-2005, 04:42 PM
Pro Rider

listen man. the saying you get what you pay for is not always true. i went thru the same situation and did some research. long story short.....i got the armadillo a-arms from rocky mtn. they come stock and plus 2. they are powdercoated silver vein and then clear coated for durability. they come with ball joints that are replaceable for twenty bucks a piece. i payed 449.00. they are also camber adjustable i think. not caster. well one ore the other?. they weigh nearly the same as stock and are made out of chromoly. anyway they have been beat on and they have held up very well and i could not be happier for what i spent. pics are on my page. they also take care of the high speed instability that the 00-01's are natorious for. well that is my reccomendation. good luck shopping around.

Old 03-06-2005, 04:56 PM
Pro Rider

Bombsaint, they actually DO look nice. I was checking them out on your page. My question is this.. maintenance. DO they have grease fittings? I think I will take the dip. Now to pawn off my old stuff and to recoupe the cost and get a set.

Old 03-06-2005, 05:15 PM
Pro Rider

actually they dont have grease fittings. they came with the same type of bushings stock arms come with where they mount up. the difference is that they come with caps that cap off the pivot points where the grease and bushings are. they fit over that area and keep out dirt and debris. thay also keep in grease. after about 50-60 hours of riding in snow, dirt,mud,and sand i took off the a-arms to re-grease them and they looked like the day i got them. no dirt and all the grease was there. the ball joints are pre greased as are the bushings. they come ready to put on. maintnance has not really been a factor for me. by the way i looked everywhere for arms and the armadillo were the cheapest.

Old 03-06-2005, 05:32 PM
Pro Rider

Done deal .... now to sell off my old stuff to recoupe. This is halting my progress now. Thanks for the input Bombsaint.

Old 03-07-2005, 08:13 AM
Pro Rider

no problem[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]