CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Paypal?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2005, 02:51 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paypal?

Anyone ever get money using paypal acct.? I have someone trying to buy something and want to pay me with paypal. Its overseas so I dont know about the exchange rate or how that works. Anybody ever do this?

Old 03-17-2005, 03:25 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Paypal?

overseas? Already sounds fishy. I've heard of scams where they overpay by mistake and want you to write a check, then you find out their check is bogus. Not saying that's it, but is it worth the sale and worries? Cash works for me,[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-17-2005, 03:30 PM
Pro Rider
Default Paypal?

PayPal can be set up to automatically convert to US funds. So you you ask for $5 you get $5. He pays in what ever currency he has. You have to make sure your PayPal account is set up that way.

When someone sends you PayPal like that, the funds will come from his account to yours. Dont give him your PayPal password, just your PayPal email ID.

Once in a while I will take a PayPal payment from Canada if I sell something on Ebay. But I hate shipping cross-border cuz you have to wait forever in line at UPS, sign about 5 forms in triplicate, not to mention pay through the nose for shipping. There are ALWAYS risks involved with dealing with people that are not in the same country you are. However, its much safer for you if he pre-sends his payments via PayPal into your account first. The only drawback is that if he is using a stolen PayPal account ID. A good check of this is to verify that his PayPal ID is the same as his regular Email ID. If they are different, thats a HUGE red flag. If they dont match, and they are overseas - walk away from the deal.

JMHO

Marky

Old 03-17-2005, 03:33 PM
Pro Rider
Default Paypal?

Do I contact paypal to do this?

Old 03-17-2005, 03:40 PM
Pro Rider
Default Paypal?

go here to open a new account. it is free. you will have to hook your account to your bank account using the information numbers on the bottom of one of your checks (routing number and acount number) it might take a couple of days

you might also want to email paypal and ask them if there is a way you can be defrauded using them (give them your specific example)

good luck

i have used paypal for years with no problems! but never from overseas

Old 03-17-2005, 03:54 PM
Pro Rider
Default Paypal?

It works very well just follow the instructions. It does take a couple of days to be able to transfer into your bank account if you want to do that. You need to give Paypal your bank account routing number and they make a 1-cent deposit to ensure it is working correctly. Once your account is established with your bank you can send and receive funds and then deposit them into your bank.....It's not as confusing as it might sound.

Old 03-17-2005, 04:29 PM
Pro Rider
Default Paypal?

Originally posted by: OregonDunePatrol
Once in a while I will take a PayPal payment from Canada if I sell something on Ebay. But I hate shipping cross-border cuz you have to wait forever in line at UPS, sign about 5 forms in triplicate, not to mention pay through the nose for shipping.
and this is exactly why I ship everything in the US to a UPS store, after paying a $50 fee for some BS at the border plus the duty fee,i've found is way easier to spend $10 in gas and a couple dollars in duty than that

Old 03-17-2005, 04:43 PM
Pro Rider
Default Paypal?

Thanks guys Ive got a paypal acct and he just uses my email acct.

Old 03-17-2005, 04:58 PM
Pro Rider
Default Paypal?

I've never had a problem yet recieving money from overseas through paypal. If they over pay and want a refund tell them thats tuogh. They should have enough since to pay the right amount to start with. If it's being bought through ebay all they have to do is hit pay now and it is sent straight to your account (if your set up for paypal with ebay).

Old 03-17-2005, 05:26 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Paypal?

I just put my 2 cents in. I hope I'm wrong and don't have to say, "I told you so". nah nah na nah nah!

Quick Reply: Paypal?