CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Not a good time at Stodder Valley.

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2005, 10:23 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not a good time at Stodder Valley.

Well I went to Stodder Valley for the first time and I hated it. IMO there were just too many jagged rocks and narrow trails and no hill climbs to speak of. The trails that were there were full of whoop-d-dues to the point of boredom. That’s saying allot, because as long as I’m riding I never get board.

To top it off I got a flat [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] However the worst thing was I was told by the guys I was going out with not to bring tools because they had a "full tool assortment" to do any repairs needed so like a fool I left my tools at home. And wouldn’t you know it, the “Full assortment” ended up being nothing more then a tool pouch with a multi piece screw driver and a couple cheap opened end wrenches……Naturally I needed tools because after an hour of riding the DS started popping and running terribly. I couldn’t turn the throttle at all without it trying to die but it idled fine. Even with the “full assortment” of tools [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] I couldn’t take the carb apart. Lucky for my there was a guy there who had a trailer set up for repairs so I drug my bike over to him and asked what it would cost me for him to look at the carb. He said he would provide me the tools to remove it and he would co thru the carb and give it a full cleaning and then if I put it back in and it still ran the same he wouldn’t charge anything. Well believe it or not he found a freaking FLY in the carb which was lodged in the main jet…..I put the carb back on and wallah! It ran fine.

The only thing I noticed, which I’ve noticed the last two times I’ve gone out was that up toward the top end or the RPM range of each gear it starts to sputter. Annoying when you’re trying to race and can’t go full throttle…[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Never again will you see me at Stodder Valley !

Old 04-04-2005, 01:07 PM
Pro Rider

SCOUNDREL: Stodder Valley is a little weak, did you make it to "slash x" (a food/beer bar)??? have you tried going to red rock canyon just out side of mojave?

Old 04-04-2005, 01:15 PM
Pro Rider

I've been to slash X but it was done on my Harley. I did red rock canyon as a boy about a half century ago...lol

Old 04-04-2005, 01:25 PM
Pro Rider

dove springs and red rock are still the best desert riding in my opinion that there is, I go all the time and it's a blast with sand, hills, and miles of trails that will take you right to 80 degreee weather to the snow in the mountians behind mojave...i always said when passing stodders what the heck do people ride when they are there, it's flat for miles around....

Old 04-04-2005, 08:09 PM
Pro Rider

The only thing I noticed, which I’ve noticed the last two times I’ve gone out was that up toward the top end or the RPM range of each gear it starts to sputter. Annoying when you’re trying to race and can’t go full throttle…
Sounds like your in need of that RWR CDI or some of the others that are out there now.

Never been to Dove springs yet. We were suposed to hook up last year with Sam (1Bad) and his boys but it never happened. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] We'll have to work on that.

Old 04-04-2005, 09:11 PM
Pro Rider

Im free for a weekend trip if you guys are up for it, few weeks before it gets to damm hott...

Let me know when and scoundrel we can all roll up...

Old 04-04-2005, 10:16 PM
Range Rover

Road Dove Springs last weekend. Until my rear end locked up(See about bearing recall) but luckily I had the ole trusty 400ex on standby. Road the Mciver trail up to the old cabin at 6660 feet. Still some snow on the ground. Anyway once you get up to the pines the riding is awesome. Plenty wide for a quad, some rock, well..... lots of rock, (but mostly not loose), roots, and good technical stuff. The riding down in the washes is fun but can be dusty, make sure your in the lead [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-04-2005, 11:16 PM
Pro Rider
It's official, I've been duning for over 30 years.

At least something good came of your trip, you got the "bugs" worked out of your carburetor[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-04-2005, 11:17 PM
Pro Rider

I know this weekend comming up is out for me. David just bough a freekin castle out in Yucipa. So im sure we'll all be over there bugginng the crap out of him. But maybe the one after or another that fits in for ya.

Old 04-05-2005, 11:04 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: mystereid
At least something good came of your trip, you got the "bugs" worked out of your carburetor[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Always looking on the positive side are we?....lol

Quick Reply: Not a good time at Stodder Valley.