CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Contacts or Lazic/Laser

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2005, 11:12 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Contacts or Lazic/Laser

I’m tired of having to carry around two different pair of glasses, one for reading and one for seeing distance. I don’t mind the reading so much but having to wear glasses when riding is a pain to say the least. I ride motorcycles on the street and I have to pay a small fortune for prescription sunglasses. Now with riding off road the problem is compounded by goggles. I can’t wear goggles and prescription sunglasses at the same time.

Which brings me to the question; Do any of you use contact lenses when riding and what problems have occurred in doing so. And would it be a better choice to pursue a more permanent solution like Lazic Surgery….Opinions please!

Old 04-05-2005, 11:16 AM
Pro Rider

them make goggels for glasses you know that right

Old 04-05-2005, 11:21 AM
Pro Rider

Who, Where ?

Old 04-05-2005, 12:55 PM
Trailblazer

SCOUNDREL, My wife has had the Lasik surgery. We were looking into it for a while as her mom work for a optometrist. She had to wait until her eye's had stabilized before we could scheduled it. Well the time had come so we scheduled an appointment and went all out with the most reputible Dr. in the area. I didn't want to take any chances with her eye's nor do I think anybody should. Well that's been a year ago and she has 20/20 vision. It was so amazing because I got to watch the whole thing that took less than 30 seconds an eye. When we got home about three hours later she had on these googles and I dimmed the lights down so that she could taken them off for a few minutes...she could read the titles of the DVD's from about 15-20 feet when that morning she couldn't tell you if there was one, two or even three of them sitting nexted to the TV. I highly recommend going the extra mile and doing your homework. We did and she and I couldn't be happier with the outcome. The key is to make sure your eye's have stabilized from future changing and then find a good Lasik Dr.

Good luck!

BTW-In the meen time they do make OTG (over the glasses) goggles. I think Oakley makes some!

Old 04-05-2005, 12:58 PM
Trailblazer

SCOUNDREL, here's one link for OTG's.

Text

Old 04-05-2005, 06:53 PM
Range Rover

you can buy otg goggles from a local parts unlimited dealer. i use desi cycles here in ny.
1 of my best friends in the world had lasik surgery 2 years ago he researched it a ton and had it done in canada
theye have been doing it for many many yeras longer in canada than here in the states and the procedeure was much cheeper there. http://www.lasikmd.ca/ is there site. ther were extremely professional and he has better than 20 20 vision (i think he said 20 13 but im not sure
if you have aol instant messanger you can im him. his screen name is mervernation and his name is jim. tell him your a friend of allens and you would like to know more about lasik. he's be glad to help you out.

Old 04-05-2005, 09:03 PM
Pro Rider

I had lasik 5 years ago and love it! best money I ever spent on Me.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-05-2005, 09:29 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I had surgery just before laser came out. Yes, I had it done with a knife. Scared the crap out of me, but I was so desperate to get rid of glasses, couldn't wear contacts, it was well worth it. I know it's expensive today, but I would still do it. What a change in my lifestyle! You won't regret it.

Old 04-06-2005, 02:06 AM
Pro Rider
It's official, I've been duning for over 30 years.

Budman, did you have that radial thing done? do you see halos from scarring?

Old 04-06-2005, 06:23 AM
Pro Rider

I had the same problem. I bought the OTG thor goggles for 35.00. Now I have contacts and I love them. I couldn't afford lasik at the time. Maybe in the future, but for now, the contacts are great. You just want to carry a small bottle of rewetting drops if you are in dusty areas. Also, the wind will dry them out. I ride all over the place wearing my contacts and I have yet to have any problems. AND, it doesn't take long to figure out how to poke yourself in the eyes twice a day. lol. I didn't think I could do it, they show you how and it works out.

Quick Reply: Contacts or Lazic/Laser