CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Bomb Busa Supercharged?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2005, 01:41 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bomb Busa Supercharged?

Found This Site

Looks like they offer a conversion for a dry sump. I would think this would be good for guys putting it into the DS frame???

These things have enough power but, with a supercharger??? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-13-2005, 09:12 AM
Pro Rider

I think the last thing any of us would need would be a supercharged ds-busa....You would have to have a 3 foot extended swingarm.....

Old 04-13-2005, 01:45 PM
Trailblazer

Has anybody ran any of these bombusa's or dynod them. I will have dyno numbers and track times very soon for my slow cbr1000RR ds.

Old 04-14-2005, 11:03 AM
Pro Rider

hp research has my 760 and when it's done i was going to take the busa down there with me and run it on the dyno. stay tuned!!

i like the look of the supercharger (have had 5 different blown cars over the years) and it would fit much easier in my frame than the turbo, the only issue is the belt? not sure how it would handle the sand? and oh my god 250hp at the tire! if it's making about 170 or so now i can't even guess what that would be like[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 04-14-2005, 02:16 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I have talked with these guys through E-mail, and they have a nice small super that will work great witha stock DS engine. They said the would sell me the super and the oil cooler for it, for $1600. I almost did it, but opted for the 954 instead, but these superchargers work really cool, like a Torque converted in your cars automatic tranny. this allows for easy starts.

hey also have these for almost all other Crotch rocket engines aswell, the instant torque would bee very nice. YOU JUST NEVR KNOW WHAT SANTA MIGHT BRING ..[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Bigger.

Old 04-14-2005, 09:32 PM
Elite Pro Rider

they have one for the rotax? that would be interesting.

Old 04-14-2005, 10:58 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

How does it work for the DS? No belt to run off of?

Common - tell more!!

Old 04-15-2005, 01:20 AM
Elite Pro Rider

yeah i would like to know more on that set up

Old 04-15-2005, 11:34 AM
Pro Rider

a few years ago i saw a picture of a ds with the supercharger but it didn't work out so well? this was befor the efi set-ups that are working well on the ds today. i'm sure you would have to fab a pulley off the right side of the motor to run the blower and air intake as well but it could be done. now that there is a good turbo for the ds it might be tuff to match to ablitie's of a turbo with the supercharger (turn up or down boost at will) not being able to adjust boost on the fly? if the price were less like maybe halfish the supercharger might be worth looking at.

Old 04-15-2005, 06:05 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DuneMe
How does it work for the DS? No belt to run off of?

Common - tell more!!

Hold on --- I never said they had one FOR the DS lol... I told them what motor I had, and that it was the same motor as the BMW f650, and they said that they DID NOT have a kit for that Bike, but that they had a supercharger that would work perfectly for that size of engine, and almost garranteed me a 100 reliable HP. They had the SC and oil cooler for $1600, and I was going to put together the rest of the kit myself. The pulley off of the Crank is what scared me, although it is quite possible to do. By using a stater puller and some handy welding skills, a perfectly balanced shaft could be made. They also said they didn't see any reason why the SC couldn't be used with a carb, aslong as the carb was on the air intake side,and not the pressure side. They said running fuel through the SC was perfectly acceptable, and wouldn't hurt a thing.

Bigger.

Quick Reply: Bomb Busa Supercharged?