CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Buy now or wait

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2005, 09:38 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buy now or wait

Ok so I finally talked the wife into letting me get my bomb, she is reluctant but I think it will go. But now I see all this talk about the 2006 models and no one can say anything worth a damn! Do I wait a month and hope for the best or do I buy the DSX now and ride her like I stole her. I have a trip down to mexico planned for the end of this month and wanted to buy something before then, but I will wait if there is a new sport bike that is comparable in price

Aaron

Old 05-03-2005, 09:47 PM
Pro Rider
Default Buy now or wait

I don't think anybody knows for sure what's in store for the 06 lineup - might be worth waiting until they come out if they are introducing in a month or two - but I always look at it as a matter of there's always going to be something newer, better, faster, cooler..... eventually.

Old 05-03-2005, 09:58 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Buy now or wait

Originally posted by: RedEX
I don't think anybody knows for sure what's in store for the 06 lineup - might be worth waiting until they come out if they are introducing in a month or two - but I always look at it as a matter of there's always going to be something newer, better, faster, cooler..... eventually.
Isn't that the truth. I build a PC, then it's junk 6 months later. In this case, if you can wait until late August, then wait for the 06 lineup info. I read that the 06 lineup information should be available in early June. I almost bit on the 03 Baja, then read about the 04 BajaX. I waited 4 months for the 04 to arrive at my dealer. IMO, it was worth the wait with the extra goodies included on that model/year.

Old 05-03-2005, 11:22 PM
Pro Rider
Default Buy now or wait

I would personally for sure wait. Since you already have a quad (the warrior right?) that you are decently satisfied with, I would hold off till june. I am hoping to see a revamped ds (probably wont happen since the X was a pretty good upgrade from the normal ds) but if they drop a sweet new 450, it might be worth getting (especially if it has efi!)

Old 05-04-2005, 11:14 AM
Pro Rider
Default Buy now or wait

If you can get some kind of confirmation that your dealer will have a 2006 in June then I would wait. Maybe you can put a deposit on it? anyway if not then buy the DSX now and ride her like I stole her.....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-04-2005, 02:36 PM
Trailblazer
Default Buy now or wait

Aaron buy it now !that way we don't have to wait up for you anylonger LOL[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-04-2005, 04:24 PM
Pro Rider
Default Buy now or wait

Thanks John. The guy from the dealer just called and told me that I was approved for the 6.9 @ 69 per month. Erica isnt really excited about this, but damn thats a sweet deal. 6700 OTD with paddles and just in time for mexico

Aaron

Old 05-04-2005, 04:57 PM
Trailblazer
Default Buy now or wait

What shop did you buy from?

Old 05-04-2005, 09:15 PM
Pro Rider
Default Buy now or wait

Woa Aron... 6700 otd? You *might* do better than that Im in Queen Creek .. where are you at ??
My vote would be to wait a spell, its too freaking hot to ride in the next months here in the valley and the dunes are out for the most part unless you head to Pismo or ?

Old 05-04-2005, 09:24 PM
Pro Rider
Default Buy now or wait

What shop in QC are you thinking of. I called around to most of the shops here locally and this was the best I found. But now things arent looking so good. Erica went from being "Ok" with it to now being flat out against it. I dont think she was taking me seriously. So back to the negotiation table with her. But she sounded P!$$ED on the phone when I told her I was going to pick it up tonight.

Aaron

Quick Reply: Buy now or wait