CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Finally!!!!! Rail time!

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2005, 04:30 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally!!!!! Rail time!

Hopefully see you at the show and you will have to show me your final decesions for your rail, there will be plenty...

Old 05-14-2005, 01:08 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

Hey i do know of a 5 seater show class winner>>>>>> Yet built to pre run that is for sale only 65.000 and it has more than 80,000 in it it won the sand expo in arizona and has never been out aired !!!!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-14-2005, 01:37 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

AZ. . . .

You stay away from me!!!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

WTF u up to now!

Old 05-17-2005, 12:28 AM
Pro Rider

Well, I didn't see Sam at the show but I did see AL.! So I have made my decision and I am buying the car that AL saw me sitting in when he found me![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] It is a Sand Car Specialties Rail and it is a 4 seater, with KIngs all the way around and bypasses. 22or 24" of Travel I don't quite remember. It has a Ecotech 2.2L Turbo about 300 h.p. on pump gas, and the car weighs about 1800 lbs. I have some pics of it but it such a pain to put them up on here. It is a sweet ride though and i think Al will confess to that. I am going to drive it for the summer and see how I like it and if I get fed up with it I will sell it at the Sand show in September and order a new one. I have already been guranteed the full purchase price back on it. Now I just have to wait until Wedensday or Thursday to see if the financing goes through.

I am going to be out at Pizmo on the 29th and 30th with the car testing it. Anyone else going to be out there??

Old 05-17-2005, 12:38 AM
Trailblazer

me and my buddys are thinkin about building one any ideas on engine......i'm leanin towards a twin turbo Northstar[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-20-2005, 05:03 AM
Pro Rider
It's official, I've been duning for over 30 years.

Guaranteed return of your purchase price, sounds like you can't go wrong.
Although I've only been around sand cars once, I've been drooling over those things for years while reading Sand Sports. Interestingly, I usually don't see people in the rear seats, which makes me consider a long travel two seat mini rail more strongly. I've also read that rear seat pasengers can become motion sick so it's a good idea to lift the rear seats so that they can see the terrain. I've found in the dunebuggy I can have more fun with only one passenger at time, less to concentrate on I guess. Those reasons and we don't have the wide open areas of the California dunes to run the big units on. Oh, did I mention you can still buy houses in some states for the kind of money that Sand Cars run?
So, smaller car, same power to weight ratio, long travel, no megadollar tranny, and an engine you can snag on e-Bay for under 3k if you blow one up. What's the downside?