CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Back from LS OK

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2005, 10:02 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Back from LS OK

Just got back from LS OK on sat and it was awsome. Put 130 miles on the quad in 2 days. And since the speedo/odometer is based off the front wheel I'm guessing there were at least 15 miles without the front end touching the ground. The front and rear sand stars worked great, awsome handling on the trails. This was my first dune trip and by the second day on the trails I was keeping up and passing a 400EX with much more exp. rider than I am. Dragged a few shees and was very impressed. Held my own against some piped shees with who knows what other mods. There was a group of 4 and only the nice piped one raced me, we went a few rounds he took me off the line with the haulers and after that he would slowly pull away and only win by prob 5 bikes. Apparently his must have been the quickest one out of the group because after his buds watched him race me a few rounds, he dropped out, and I sat on the line for a few min on no one wanted to play. Which kinda sucked but I guess I must have been doing ok if they didnt want to run against me after my first 5 times after dragging in the sand. I did have quite a few probs with a pred that one really upset me. We went prob 6 passes and 3 times he got me off the line and I couldnt reel him in quick enough. Then everytime I beat him off the line he would just quit and not even run. Heck even when I knew I was beat I would finish it out. All in all it was a great time and no injuries, met some awsome peeps and rode with some new guys. Only probs I had was with my truck on the way down and had to use the spare trailer tire on the way home. (And at the same exit my truck had probs on the way down) Must have been the Kansas version of the bermuda triangle. And to give the DS props, my buddy on the 400EX with works shocks was real sore after the first 50 miles, I never felt a thing until I got home. DS is what everyone says King of the Dunes. Even the guys with 450s that I met hate there ride in the sand and were sore.

Old 05-09-2005, 10:14 PM
Pro Rider
Default Back from LS OK

lol...sounds like my experience! in kansas my trans took a crap[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]. and that was just a month ago! but we still had a good time watching bomberboy kill everyone on the silver bullet!

Old 05-10-2005, 01:51 PM
Trailblazer
Default Back from LS OK

good job man...if you take 'em off the line and then they don't run they wasted ur damn time....DS 4 Life

Old 05-10-2005, 02:13 PM
Pro Rider
Default Back from LS OK

Sure they are King of the Dunes! Was there ever anyquestion!? Glad you had a good time! That place is a lot of fun!