CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

CT exhaust - how many discs do you run?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2005, 01:24 PM
Pro Rider
Has been here a long time!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default CT exhaust - how many discs do you run?

Does anyone know how many supertrapp discs come standard on the CT exhaust? I recently bought a HPR Stage II DS with a CT exhaust on it and I counted 10 discs. I'm thinking only 10 discs may be hurting top end and that I should probably add a few more.

Old 05-25-2005, 02:03 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just bought the CT exhaust from Richards Recreation, and it came with 12 disks. If you bought the bike from HPR I'll bet money that it's been on the dyno and that the number of disks that are on there are what it ran best with. Why not just call Eric? Whenever I call I always get my question answered and more! In fact I need to call because Dennis Kirk sells an endcap for the exhaust which I bought ($20). I did speak with Randall about it and he said that I don't gain anything over the cap that came with the exhaust. But I like the sound better so I need to make sure I'm not LOSING anything.

Old 05-26-2005, 08:06 PM
Trailblazer

how does that ds run with the ct exhaust on it ? is it loud? does it sound good? and did it give any low end power to it? Cuz im thinking about buying a ct and i just want to kno how it runs with it on and if it sounds good.

Old 05-26-2005, 08:20 PM
Pro Rider

I have one of the first series CT pipes. They were the first to come out with one for the DS.

When Dynojet used my DS to make their kit, I had to give it to them on three different occasions.

Twice with the open endcap and once with the supertrap system. (We had just gotten back from Coral Pink where I was running a spark aresstor.

Well, they told me that the DS ran best with the Supertrap system on over the open endcap.

I was using 13 or 14 disk. (It's been awhile).

As far as the pipe itself, I was told that it made an extra 15 horses on the bottom but LOST 1 at the top (with the open endcap).

Remember this was the first generation pipe, they may have changed them.

Old 05-26-2005, 08:35 PM
Trailblazer

how does the pipe sound on the ds ? is it loud? can u adjust the noise on it? Can u feel a diffrence in power when u get on the throttle? ( i mean when u punch the throttle will it wheelie with out even u pulling up?)

Old 05-26-2005, 08:52 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Bombds650rider
how does the pipe sound on the ds ? is it loud? can u adjust the noise on it? Can u feel a diffrence in power when u get on the throttle? ( i mean when u punch the throttle will it wheelie with out even u pulling up?)
It's loud but not as loud as many others. I understand that all pipes now come with quiet cores. You can NOT adjust the noise level on my 1st generation without using the disk system.

Yes, you can feel the power and it does want to come off the ground on it's own(My DS is modified. I don't know about stock).

Old 05-26-2005, 08:55 PM
Trailblazer

ok thanks

Old 05-26-2005, 08:58 PM
Pro Rider
Has been here a long time!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Performance wise I will let you know after this weekend. I can tell you the fit and finish is first rate however.

Vegas - I believe I have a newer model CT. WHat is different about the 1st generation units?

Old 05-26-2005, 10:11 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DSengineer

Vegas - I believe I have a newer model CT. WHat is different about the 1st generation units?
I don't know if there is a difference. I was just pointing that out incase they have changed them. Been about 5 yrs.

Old 05-26-2005, 10:16 PM
Trailblazer

ok thanks