CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Wear you seat-belts fellas!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2005, 02:55 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wear you seat-belts fellas!!

Glad you are doing okay Mario. No CAT scan? I never heard of that, especially after looking at the mechanism of injury. At the ER that I work at, it seems that almost everyone with a head injury, even if its just fall, gets a CT scan. The scan takes less then a minute to do and maybe another 20 minutes to get a radiologist to read it. They probably don't want you take aspirin b/c it is a blood thinner and if you did have a bleed in your brain, it would only make it worse. The fact that its been 2 days since the incident and you have no signs of a bleed is good news, but a CT would give you a piece of paper that proves it will let you rest at ease. If it were me, I would have my primary physician schedule me a CT as an outpatient for tomorrow.

Old 06-01-2005, 03:06 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

Exactly my thoughts Sandaholic. I have already gone to the doctor he found several bad indications and they scheduled a CT scan tomorrow. That is exacly why they dont want me to take asprin for the blood thin. I even told them I needed my head checked out. The lady at the hospital blamed it on the doctor and we were pretty shocked about the whole situation. The paramedic rolled lights on and fast due to the size of lump on my head and he also called in our statis on the way. They knew they should have did a CT. My neck and bacl have got me a little concerned.

Old 06-01-2005, 03:34 AM
Pro Rider

Good luck with the CT tomorrow, I am sure it will be fine.

When the medics took you to the ER, I assume they put you in C-spine precautions (tied to a back board and neck collar)? They did X-rays of your head, neck and back right?