CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

am i alone on this

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2005, 05:06 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default am i alone on this

only takes me fifteen minutes

Old 06-16-2005, 05:20 PM
Pro Rider

I would not recommend any powerspraying on the DS. There are sensors that the powerspraying will force water into and that leads to other problems.
I also use the Simple Green. After every ride, mine gets detailed. After every race I change the oil. I use a tooth brush mainly. I know that sounds crazy but it works very good. Like jmac said, you can find things that may be wrong with this type of cleaning.
My dealer mechanic (the one time I brought it in) said "Dang!"
When I'm done, I towel it off and then I spray everything down with WD-40. Except the exhaust, seat, and grips.
Looks like new again! Except for my custom paint job. I think I'm keeping her.

Old 06-16-2005, 05:28 PM
Pro Rider

Mine gats a wash every weekend and a polish regularly. I'm so obsessed with having it look good. I'm pulling out the engine this weekend to repaint it as the paint I used was **** and came off when some petrol split on it. Everyone thinks I'm mad the way I take care and do up my zilla. In Ireland people fairly rough with machinery, the last time I saw a quad here I nearly got sick I wouldn't be seen on it.

Old 06-16-2005, 06:02 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: mudnuri
I would not recommend any powerspraying on the DS. There are sensors that the powerspraying will force water into and that leads to other problems.
i don't agree, half the time wen i wash my ds i use the powerwasher, and i'm just now havin to replace the fan sensor, and we replaced the oil sensor last fall, not bad for lasting 4+ years, but wen i wash it i don't get really close to the sensors, my chain or my gauges

Old 06-16-2005, 07:12 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah, I guess your right. It wouldn't hurt it if you stay away from those areas.

Old 06-16-2005, 07:49 PM
Pro Rider

While others waste time cleaning I use that time to ride...

BRAAAAAP....goes the muddy quad

Old 06-16-2005, 08:05 PM
Pro Rider

My quad must feel neglected.Ive yet to break out the tooth brush.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]Any one got one i can borrow.

On a serios note mine is cleaned after every ride.I hope they never quit making simply green id
be in trouble.

Old 06-16-2005, 10:38 PM
Pro Rider

Hey mud, it is good to hear from you again. I thought that you fell of the face of the earth. Did i understand you correctly when you said you were going to keep it? I hope so, hate to hear a brother go out like that. Any way if there is any way I can help you get back on your feet holla at me. By the way i rode a new predator, and if you opt to get a new quad this thing is great. Dont get me wrong i LOVE my bomb but this is alot better than the 450 group. Any way dont stay gone so long the next time later Chiknhawk.