CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Why to not get the new 800 Bomb!

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2005, 04:57 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why to not get the new 800 Bomb!

Look at snowmobile, dirtibkes, cars, trucks.....bigger engine = more expensive. It's just a fact of life.

Take a fully loaded gmc sierra 1500 z71 xm radio, bucket seats and the whole shot. And lets say it's a 4.8L V8. Now take the same truck, minus the z71 and xm radio, but lets say it has the 5.3L V8 in it. (I had to deal with this situation when I bought my truck and wanted the 5.3L) The non z71 (5.3)was still quite a bit more expensive. So maybe the smaller engine truck had a few more options that were nicer, but the 5.3 was more expensive. It's just how it works in this world. People need to quit bitchin about prices because no matter how much they bitch, manufacturers don't care!!!

Oh, and by the way, I sad screw it with the truck situation and bought a fully loaded SLE Extended Cab GMC Sierra with the 5.3. Everything but leather. F'n EXPENSIVE!!! whoops....i'll stop bitchin about the price.

Old 06-23-2005, 05:06 PM
Pro Rider

I guess I'm lucky they are almost a buck < or I'd need 2 ds's !

Old 06-23-2005, 05:37 PM
Weekend Warrior

They are to expensive and it's not only their ATV's everything they build usually cost more than other manufacturer's. One other thing about bombi, don't buy any first year machine they build. They rush it into production causing lot's of first year bug's, take your hard earn money and then turn their back's on you. Also just because it's the biggest out there doesn't mean it will be the fastest or the strongest, the BF 750 will give it a good run for it's money. I speak from experience, i own a 2005 Mach Z... nuff said.

Old 06-23-2005, 05:51 PM
Trailblazer

Ok, it's the same price as the polaris sp800 so don't just rip on bombardier.

I garuntee and put any amount of money that bombi puts more r&d in their machines (atvs and sleds) than any other manufacturer. They rush into things eh? Did you know the first prototype REV was 1997? Thats Six years before release. And thats a prototype. So probably 1995-96 when they first started design. But they rush into it eh? The first 1000SDI prototype engine was 1999. That's SIX YEARS before release, But they rush into things? What was such a big deal on your 05 Mach? Seriously, try me. I bet I could tell you a solution over this forum that you could fix your problems YOURSELF. Fouling plugs? Run an BR8 instead of a 9. That was the most common issue with the MACH Z's. And it was that simple of a fix. Hmmm So while the other manufacturers recalls pile up, and sleds sit in the shops for weeks, all you had to unscrew a couple plugs and replace them. Or MAYBE have it to the dealer for a computer update...oh so theres a hour out of your day. If it was anything beyond that, your dealer was probably screwing you or didn't care to check his/her bossweb updates more than once a week or 2. It's not alwasy the manufacturers fault that a sled sits in the shop for a while. Dealers can screw up too.

I personally watched and experienced the thrill of the new 800 embarrassing both the Brute and SP800. In Ohio, they tried taking a brute through a mudhole and it injested water and blew up, while the 400!! outlander made it no problem....THRE TIMES! The power difference is incredible, and it doesn't feel big. It feels like a machine you will never have to muscle around, and i know you won't.

I don't like to bash other brands, but your stepping over a thin line saying that bombardier doesn't put any time and development into their machines. So do you have any other smartass remarks? Get your facts straight before you shoot your mouth off.

Old 06-23-2005, 06:02 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Shreder
They are to expensive and it's not only their ATV's everything they build usually cost more than other manufacturer's. One other thing about bombi, don't buy any first year machine they build. They rush it into production causing lot's of first year bug's, take your hard earn money and then turn their back's on you. Also just because it's the biggest out there doesn't mean it will be the fastest or the strongest, the BF 750 will give it a good run for it's money. I speak from experience, i own a 2005 Mach Z... nuff said.
hmm thats strange, my 2000(first year) ds still runs damn good, and theres a lot of other 2000s running around that haven't had the motor touched, and i'm with dooski, wats so bad about your mach?

Old 06-23-2005, 06:05 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: yamaha69
We sell Snickers bars and all our candy bars for 55 cents and actually until about six months ago we were able to sell them for 50 cents. I have no doubt that the Bomb 800 is going to be a lot nicer quad than a BF750, but that doesn't mean it has to sell for a THOUSAND dollars more. A lot of people would argue that a King Quad is a nicer quad than a BF and it sells for $400 dollars LESS than a BF. It has the same features as the Bomb 800 (EFI, IRS), except for the extra cylinder. It even has one feature the Bomb 800 doesn't have, a true locking front differential. Is the Bomb 800 going to smoke a King Quad......absolutely! Should it cost $1400 more? Not in my opinion.
I just talked to a buddy of mine who runs a dealership. He bleeds Kawi Green, that's all he races.His motto is, if it ain't Jap, then it's no good. He even got the dealership he worked for to get the Kawi lineup for sales. He was invited to test ride the 800 a couple days ago in which they had all other big bores there. They said they drag raced in sand, mud, hill climb, and even pulling weight, and the Bomb beat everything. Every quad was brand new so there were no break in's at all. He was quite impressed to say the least. He said it had a lot more power then the BF which came in 2nd. But what really impressed him was the handeling. He said it handled just like a SRA but with the plushness of the IRS. It took corners way better then any other quad there. So I asked him about the price in that it is steep compared to the BF($1000). It would take well over $1000 for the BF to have the same power and handleing as the Bomb 800 stock.

Old 06-23-2005, 06:35 PM
Weekend Warrior

So let's get this straight, "The first 1000SDI prototype engine was 1999" and after SIX YEARS of R&D they haven't even figured out what spark plugs to use in it, let alone worked all the bugs out of it. I'd say they need to fire whoever is doing their testing and development. Recalls may pile up on Polaris, Cat and Doo sleds, but not Yamaha. They may not be the most competitive, but that is not what we are talking about here. I guarantee Yamaha has less first year problems with their sleds than any other brand. They may not spend as much time and money on R&D, but apparently their time and money is better spent.

Old 06-23-2005, 09:51 PM
Pro Rider

The CDN dollar actually has up at least a 10th of a dollar since a few yrs ago. ppl can argue all they want about the price... but when the Outlanders actually come out and more reviews come out that'll do the talkin. Then you can think to yourself "Is the Outlander worth it"?

Old 06-23-2005, 09:58 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: yamaha69
Recalls may pile up on Polaris, Cat and Doo sleds, but not Yamaha. They may not be the most competitive, but that is not what we are talking about here. .
i'll admit yamaha motors in their sleds are doing better than the series 3 rotax motors, but the weight and the ergonomics really hold back those fourstrokes from becoming the leaders of the pack. What fun is it spending a lot of money only to be slow? they're starting to get on the right track with the apex and the rest of the new lineup but they still have ways to go before I'd want one of those compared to a REV,l
like do i even need to bring up 01 raptor trannys here?

Old 06-23-2005, 10:37 PM
Weekend Warrior

How many years did it take Bomb to fix the ring flaking problems on the series 3 motors? Not months, YEARS.

Edited: For grammar.

Quick Reply: Why to not get the new 800 Bomb!