CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Why to not get the new 800 Bomb!

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2005, 10:14 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why to not get the new 800 Bomb!

Originally posted by: Bionic
An ATV mag said the "BOMB" as well as all their Atv's Are made in TAIWAN!!!????. 10k$ for a rubber dog Sh#! manufacturing country produced wheeler. You can have it.
They were talking about the Mini's and the Rally that were made there, not the rest.

Old 06-25-2005, 12:29 PM
Pro Rider

You can always wait and buy used. We have an "02",,, an "03", and an "04" DSs. ALL have been great bikes with no problems. ALL bought used.

I have never paid more than $4000 a bike!! And as low as $3000 It pays to wait.

MY 2 cts

Old 06-25-2005, 01:12 PM
Pro Rider

back to cost for a minute. first off, i am a yamaha man. owned some honda,s, but the last few were yamaha,s for the simple reason of speed and reliability. with that said, i will gladly spend that kind of money on the new bomb 800!!! worth every penny to me. ya, its alot of money, and ya, it would be nice if it only cost 6 grand, but, if i were to try to convert my grizzly to compete with the power and handling of the new 800, i would spend thousands more, and probibally fail!
its a 62 hp 800 fuel injected multiguaged 4 wheel independant atv with 4x4 and a sweet 4x4 system!!!! read that line clearly! how many atv,s come factory with 62 hp??? heck, inclute sport atv,s in that! in the atv industry, that can compare with a viper or corvette in its catagory. it can compare to the hummer( the real one, lol) in its catagory. line it up next to a ds650, a raptor, a yz450, a raptor 350, and anything honda makes, heck, add a few more honda motors to any one you choose, and the 800 either will win out rite, or come darn close!! it tops out at roughly 75 mph!!! now ya see what i,m saying? it is THE TOP DOG!!! the ride reports from numerous people say it will outhandle any other 4 wheel independant out there. it will outrun( top end for sure) any 4x4 and most sports out there! i am sure with the suspencion, it will out mud, or as good as any other 4x4 out there. this atv IS the cream of the crop. this is why it costs so much, and they WILL SELL!
take a new grizzly, for 6500.00 otd. add a 727 kit to it, to get even close to the hp. add 2500.00 for the kit installed. dont forget exhaust, filter, bigger and better tires, and a clutch kit. now your 11,000.00 into the grizzly, for a slower, worse handling quad. do this to the brute force, and you,ll top 10 grand for a quad that cant mud deep, and handles poorly( as numerous have stated) the polaris 800 would need to be stripped down just to meet weight, lol.
i know i,m rambling, and most will disagree with me. but, the new bomb 800 is the best deal in a big bore atv on the planet, as far as i,m concerned. of corse, only if it performes to its potential. ( all hearsay so far)
an x yamaha big bore fan
as for sleds. my 2 up pantera 600 outruns my brothers studded vmax 600. both newer sleds, mine being a 2003 and his is an 02 i beleave. so much for yamaha,s power. yamaha, in my opinion, is going the way of honda in the 4x4 market. relying on brand loyality over product in the 4x4 market.

Old 06-25-2005, 11:13 PM
Trailblazer

Spoke with my dealer yesterday and while no one can comitt to the out the door prices (yet)he did make the comment that the 800 Bomber was priced identical to the 800 Poo. And logic follows that they will match discounts and offers, etc to make the price payed the same. I have a firm quote for a Poo 800 EFI - $7681 plus tax. That is with all rebates applied. So I could assume for now that I will be able to order a Bomber for the same amount. 8599 / 7681 = about an 11% discount. Apply that same disount to a Max XT at 9999 that brings it down to $8899.

Of course this just theory for now but Polaris pricing should be their target.

Old 06-26-2005, 09:48 AM
Pro Rider

I rode new King quad....impressive, fast and powerfull.
I have close to 10 000 under my belt on the Grizzly 660. I have never got in a situation when I needed more power. And I ride in UP MIchigan thru really nasty goo. Everytime i got stuck it was because I've got HIGH CENTERED....
So I don't understand why some people are so impressed with 60 hp. machine.
I am serious. Is it a speed? Or just for a feeling/ of a powefull motor/, I rarely use a max. speed of my quad. I wish I could find a reason to buy 800cc's, 62 hp quad for a trail riding, but I can't. Enlighten me.
What am I missing here..../ I know that more power never hurts, but that's not the point/.

Old 06-26-2005, 10:09 AM
Pro Rider

For me it is for racing. I race in a utility stock class. So having 62hp stock has a big advantage. But it's not all power, handeling has a lot to do with it to. The P700 dominate the utility class due to great power, but mostly handeling. The only IRS that does prety good is the Rincon, but it lacks the power to keep up. My SP 800 has the power, but the weight holds it back some, but still handle's very well. The Bomb 800 has the power and been told that in handle's great to. If this is true, this could be the next dominate atv in the stock class. I will try one and see if it lives up to what has been said so far.

Old 06-26-2005, 11:27 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: colt77
I rode new King quad....impressive, fast and powerfull.
I have close to 10 000 under my belt on the Grizzly 660. I have never got in a situation when I needed more power. And I ride in UP MIchigan thru really nasty goo. Everytime i got stuck it was because I've got HIGH CENTERED....
So I don't understand why some people are so impressed with 60 hp. machine.
I am serious. Is it a speed? Or just for a feeling/ of a powefull motor/, I rarely use a max. speed of my quad. I wish I could find a reason to buy 800cc's, 62 hp quad for a trail riding, but I can't. Enlighten me.
What am I missing here..../ I know that more power never hurts, but that's not the point/.
Speed for me, we do about 50% of our riding on dirt/gravel roads. Also I'm a sledder and I'm used to the hard pull of a 100+ HP machine. ATV's are underpowered, they feel week to me after a winter of riding. I'd like to see 50-60 HP at the rear wheels.

Old 06-26-2005, 10:08 PM
Pro Rider

colt, i realise your question seemed serious, so i,ll try to give ya a serious answer. first a few questions though. have you ever floored your grizzly?? even in mud, ever pinned the throttle? if so, you wanted all the power it has, and if so, probibally wished for just a tad more. ever come out of a corner, trying to katch your buddy, and pinned the throttle? i know i have, more than once. what about hitting the back roads in the u.p. of michigan, and topping out on a long flat road at 60, or so. i also know i have. i kpet right with a ds650 on the trails with my grizzly, and he was shocked. once we hit the open trails though, he left me behind. with the bomb 800, this may all end for me.
i always say, its great to have the power when and if you need it, but to not have it, even once, when needed, well, thats a bummer! this is mainly why the grizzly went from a 600 to a 660. why the 650 prarie went to a 700, and why polaris offers a 6, 7 and 800 cc quad. heck, i would bet, it you were handed a 1000cc quad, you,d peg the throttle here and there, and giggle, eventually wanting more!
just my views, not trying to convince anyone.