CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

What is your 1st impression of the new Outlander 800?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2005, 12:45 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is your 1st impression of the new Outlander 800?

Originally posted by: BRP33
Yes the mach z 1000 goes 125 mph. I am sorry but the f7's can not beat a mach. Yes they can beat the off the line, i think the f7 can beat any sled off the line but after that its over. Come on the f7 is like 700cc compared to a 1000cc motor. Like i said before this was the first year of the 1000, most first year machines have their problems, just like your precious king quad. I dont think people are trying to say its going to be problem free. We are just talking about it performance, and it looks like it has everyone else beat. Some people just cant take the fact that its going to be better than zuzuki or polaris who have been in the atv buisness twice as long as bomb.
No the Mach Z do not go 125mph in stock form period. The firecat will beat a mach z to 100mph then it's bye bye. Exactly a f7 is 695cc, the Mach Z 995cc, shouldn't even be a contest. So far my precious king quad as been rock solid. That's exactly what i wanted.

Old 07-16-2005, 01:31 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: lilnotts
Originally posted by: Shreder
Originally posted by: Western
So other than go faster, what will the Outlander 800 do that a King Quad or Grizzly can't do?

ATVs are kind of like snowmobiles (in one aspect). Sleds started out with 340s to 580s to 600s to 700s to 800s and now Bombardier/Skidoo has the RT 1000. The biggest, baddest, fastest powder sled on the market. Great deal right? Over 50% of the people I know who bought the RT 1000 are trying to sell them so they can buy back the Rev 800.

Not saying that the Outlander 800 is going to be the Ski Doo RT 1000 of ATVs, but it might.
You hit the nail on the head my friend. Go over on Dootalk and do a search on the 05' Mach Z and you'll see all the event's unfolding. The fastest production sled on snow, top speeds of 125mph, SC4 best suspension in the business, ride and handling like no other. Mid Nov thing's started to go down hill, the F7 was kickin' the s#$t out of it, the ride was poor, then the troubles began a list a mile long. BRP them self's would log onto the site to answer question, they stopped doing that because of angry mach owners wanting answer. I see the same thing happening here with 800 outlander. Mark it down you guy's purchasing this thing will be kicking yourself a$$ this time next year. remember where you heard it.
well first, the way BRP run their sled division and the atv division is two COMPLETELY different things, you ever notice how ds's are very fast and can take a severe beating, but they aren't the lightest in their class, now look at the REV's, light, fast but can't take the hits, can u say bent flying nun? and as for your 125mph mach, if your really that mad about gettin beat then drop a tooth or two on top throw a clutch kit in it and see how those lil firekitties do, just cuz you can't set up your sled right doesn't mean everythings BRP's fault, am i saying new machs are perfect? hell no! but they are working on it, and if your a member of dootalk you can probably find ways to get things fixed

You maybe right, i'm brand new to the ATV world and this is my first quad. Sled's on the other hand i have 25 years under my belt and i know how to tune a sled, my mach will do 125+ now, but wouldn't even come close to that stock. I also know how to fix my sled but i have to pay for it out of my own pocket. I paid 16,000 for this sled and with my 1 year warranty almost up i feel BRP should step up to the plate and fix it, but instead they turned their backs on me and hundreds of other mach owners. I have to laugh when i read on here about the 800 Outlander being the best ATV in the market before it actually hit's production just because someone test rode a prototype and a few of the rags gave it a good review.

Old 07-16-2005, 02:05 PM
Pro Rider

We shall soon find out . They are in production and arriving at dealers around the country as we type. I spoke to several dealers yesterday and found two that said they just got there first one in and two more that said theres would be there if not yesterday next tuesday at the latest. Granted there are allot of dealers that are not getting any till late august early september, and if you want some other color than yellow you will have to wait till september. But I am sure there will be owner reviews on here and other sites within the next week or two. Now that said allot of guy's tend to slant there reviews in favor of what they own, But thats to be expected, Just like the KQ owners I keep hereing gripe about the OL 800 being just BS and or overkill. The mfg's have figured out that power and performance sells in this area of the market, and are fighting it out with awsome new products one after another topping each other. The way I see it it has taken several years for a mfg to roll somthing out that IMO stands a real strong shot at topping the Prairie 700 / Twin peaks. IRS has never been a prerequisite for me. for the most part I do not care for IRS setups but the Outy design looks very promising to me, in that its designed in a way to prevent the body roll common in the a-arm designs. I like to play around sliding the back end around and power sliding through turns ect,ect. The BF750 never appealed to me neither did the KQ, do to the fact they have an IRS systems that limmits the fun factor that I seek. I do not care for the compact stiff sprung sport quads any more, but I still like to play hard, just don't have the back to take the abuse of a sport quads anymore.

The only thing I keep thinking about when it comes to the new tech stuff on these new quads is that most of these things have been on steet bikes for many years on in some cases on Sleds for sevferal years and have been tweeked and proven just in other applications.

Old 07-16-2005, 08:33 PM
Pro Rider

I agree the new 800 will out perform the k Q but I think alote of people will still buy the KQ because it is priced nicley.The price there asking for the new 800 it better out perform the KQ. Polaris is asking alote for there machines but there not delivering,Id take the KQ over any of them and the new 800.

Old 07-16-2005, 09:40 PM
Pro Rider

The price there asking for the new 800 it better out perform the KQ. Polaris is asking alote for there machines but there not delivering,Id take the KQ over any of them and the new 800.
Me too! This is why I think the King Quad is so much better. It's the best value Big Bore machine out there, by far. People sometimes forget that it's only got one cylinder. That shows how state of the art it is. It's gonna take a lot more than the OL 800 for me to ever buy a Bombardier, this is their first entry into the "Big Bore" class, before this they didn't have anything worth bragging about. So they aren't even experienced in a quad with this much power. Sounds dangerous to me.

Old 07-17-2005, 01:25 AM
Trailblazer

after all i read i still think the king quad best at every thing and best for all around atv, besides the displacement and it not just about the displacement if it's over 601cc + then it's enough trust me i've done my share or ridin and i 've basically riden every thing else out their and bomb not one bit has impressed me at all [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 07-17-2005, 02:49 AM
Pro Rider

I have been Riding atc/atv's for 25 years and at the moment everthing I have, that I ride myself will all outrun the KQ, So for me the KQ was not enough. But I am confused since everything I have read indicated the Outlander 800 will out perform the KQ at everything, which is coming from fokes that have road the OL800. So i find it hard to beleave that you could say your king is better at everything when you have not road OL800 and every single person that has seems to disagree with you.

I would also diagree on the best value deal since the Brute 650 is only 6500.00 and can out handel the KQ and has a twin to boot.

Old 07-17-2005, 03:31 AM
Weekend Warrior

My first impression of the bombardier outlander 800 is.Its a very impressive atv all of its features come together so well.Making it the best 4x4 money can buy it has the power,it has the suspension,its made made in canada.It is priced the same as the sportsman 800.Or should i say 760 and at 640 pounds its a hell of a lot lighter 125 pounds lighter to be exact.Leave it to bombardier to blow everybody away the bombardier 800 is the most advanced quad on the planet.And thats all i got to say about that

Old 07-17-2005, 12:40 PM
Pro Rider

The one thing I noticed is that it has a 59 inch wheel base for the max! How are you suppose to ride down some trails with it being that wide. It doesnt matter what performance it has if it cant get down the trails. I went through all the pages on the bomb 800 max and it looks like feature for feature its a great quad but it looks like it would be better off on the ranch or in open spaces. the standard bomb with a 51 inch wheel base seems like a great quad. The max is what people were comparing the handaling too which is 8 inchs wider and longer. Of course it would be smoother and less body roll than the others.

Old 07-17-2005, 03:16 PM
Pro Rider

last i checked the max is the same width as the std but is just a little longer, isn't the wheelbase the distance between the centre of the front tire and centre of the rear?

Quick Reply: What is your 1st impression of the new Outlander 800?