CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Bruteforce 750i and me= big smiles

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2005, 11:36 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bruteforce 750i and me= big smiles

My Dad bought him a new Kawi BF750i this past friday. It is all stock except for the ITP C series 6's and Holsthot ATR's. WOW! what an awesome quad that thing is! The back width measured at 53.5 inches. Thats 3.5 inches wider than a DS! You want to talk about stable, it was amazing.

The type of riding I was doing was mountain trail riding, and I am talking at 10,000 feet not just out in the hills. It was a good mix of some open stuff, to rivercrossings, to very steep rocky terrain. I hit some of the open spots all out and flying around the corners, over rocks, and deep holes like they were not even there. Several times over 50 mph and I could power slide it completly sideways and just rip putta the corners. It's been a long time since I have been on a quad that could get my heart pumping like that. So anyways thats my report on the BF....truelly an awesome machine!

Now for the really good news. I was with my wife all weekend and she has gotten the bug for riding quads. So guess what!!! I get a quad FINALLY! Having a hard time deciding on what to get, my heart is with the DS, but I would have to do some serious stuff to one to get it to go in these areas. But thats part of thge fun right?? I have also thought the KFX700 and maybe a older Polaris Scrambler 4x4 400 2 smoke. Hard decision.

Were also going to get the kids a quad for them. Were think the Kymco 250 Mongoose. Neat little quad right there!

Then we are also going to start watching the market for a decent sized 24-26ft toy hauler.

This is all going to take some time, but I am hoping that we will be looking pretty good by next summer!

Old 09-05-2005, 11:45 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great to hear your family is getting into the sport.
In the 90's my wife used to ride, my son is getting into it now, he is riding her quad.

Old 09-06-2005, 12:19 AM
Pro Rider

Hey Todd, great to hear your getting back into it.

As far as quads go, dont overlook the outlander 400. I love mine for the mountains and it hauls my fata$$ everywhere the 700's(a king quad and a pol 700) go plus you cant beat the price(2-3k less than the big bores) plus its a machine your wife and kid could easily ride if needed then you could step up to the 800 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] The suspension on the outlander is amazing, yesterday we took my baja x and my outlander out into the mountains near reno and the outlander sucks up the bumps even more than the DS!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-06-2005, 03:47 PM
Pro Rider

Good the hear that you will be getting back into the sport. I look foward to riding with you and your family next year. Let me know if you are still interested in the trip down the little saraha and that way you can let your wife get a taste of the dunes and she would be more than welcome to ride the banshee and you could ride the DS.

Just let me know buddie.

Old 09-06-2005, 05:45 PM
Pro Rider

That's what I was calling about the other day when you didnt call me back......ya jerk LOL.

We were going to see if you would be up for a ride on the weekend of Oct 1st and 2nd. We have tickets to the circus in SLC for Friday night and we thought we would get a hotel room in Provo that night, get up and head to LS and meet you guys there. Or we could drive all the way fri but would be a late night arrival. It would be Me, Amy, and the 2 kids. I will cover your fee's and food expenses for your hospitality. I could also bring 2 possibly 3 other quads.....err utility quads, but noone would have to walk that way and they are Utah licensed, would just have to get flags for em.

Will your quad be ready by then Major??? Missed ya at the wedding but understandable for sure. I was thinking even if not, you could bring J and his quad errrr heck the whole family for that matter.

How bout you JED? One last run before the sled season???

Hmm I wonder if I could get my hands on the BF750 for that weekend, I am curious as heck to see if it would climb Sand Mtn. Dont laugh, it felt as fast as my DS.

Old 09-06-2005, 10:20 PM
Pro Rider

Demon-
If you're patient with your purchase, you'll find one heck of a deal. I just picked up my Sport 400(basically 2 wheel drive scrambler) for $1200 with a new piston installed and original tires w/80% tread! I have definitely wanted to get a DS since I sold mine about 3 years ago, but this was too good a deal to pass up. Polaris quads may take some crap for being overweight and slow, but through some mods on that 400 2 smoke and they really fly. Look at it this way...if you're on a Polaris and lose to a sport quad, no big deal...a Polaris isn't supposed to be faster. But if you beat a sport quadon a Polaris, it really makes them feel bad!

Old 09-07-2005, 12:03 AM
Pro Rider

OUTY 800---if you invest.. buy the best

Old 09-07-2005, 04:43 AM
Pro Rider

I will deffinatly be taking my time. I have a car I bought a few years ago that I blew the head gasket ( I hope thats all it is) that I have to get fixed and running good. Once that is done I will put it up for sale. It should sell for 3k easy so I will have that to spend on my next quad. So the Outty 800 is out for sure. I could spend more but the main idea right now is to just pay cash for the quads and put a decent downpayment on the trailer. I am also doing some side work rebuilding a condo for the inlaws and a few other things to help build up spare cash for any mods I might want to do. Thats why I said it will take some time to get it all put together but I figure I got till atleast April-may before any riding can really start. I also really have snowmachine sickness so I dont want to get so far into this that I loose the chance at a sled.

I actually have the Kymco sitting in the garage right now. The dealership told me to take it home, let the kids ride it and my wife and check it out. It is a bit big for my son. He cant even reach the pegs, but I think by next year he will be good to go. He did drive it around the back yard and did fine but I could tell it was too much for him to handle in rough terrain. My wife will ride it this weekend then we will make a decision on it after that. I was glad it had a throttle adjuster so I could tame it way down for him.