CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Asphalt racing for all you Texas boys

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2005, 11:16 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Asphalt racing for all you Texas boys

Last weekend we went to the Paris Dragstrip 1/8 mile track.The owner has been trying to get us out for awhile we just never made the effort.But anyway about 20 quads showed up and really impressed the owner.He found me at the track and offered us our own class with trophies or payout if we had sponsors for the class.Robbins Yamaha/Polaris in Idabel,OK has offered to sponsor and myself, being that I have the majority of the Banshees in the class in my shop every week.It will be bracket racing to even up the class a bit.I don't know if they'll let us split up the class for a heads up competition or not.Since they are running us the same night as the cars I just appreciated the offer.The crowd really got into it and were impressed by the quads.Let me know if ya'll are interested.We are trying to set it up as a once a month event.For any of you who haven't raced on asphalt it is awesome and you ain't all sweaty with sand stuck in every imaginable place.We run at night under the lights so it's usually pretty cool temperature wise.The only restrictions are you have to have a helmet,leather/Carhardt jacket,and boots that go above the ankle.We get to the track around 6-7 pm on Saturday night and usually race til' midnight or later depending on the quad/car count.Let me know if ya'll are interested.Thanks.

Brian M.

Old 08-25-2005, 11:29 PM
Pro Rider

you know im in...i got my struts ready [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]..i'm going out there to test/tune the yfz sat and see how she runs with no airbox/new cdi/and struts..maybe i can launch this time and not ride a dang wheelie all the way down the track...lol
the car guys were gripping b/c we were supposedly tearing up the track or w/e but the owner said the crowd cheers for us more than the cars so hes not going to make us stop..[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-26-2005, 06:21 PM
Pro Rider

I didnt know there was a 1/8 mile track in paris. My dad races at their dirt track on occasions. Id be willing to make the drive out there one night. Please let me know when the quads are gonna be back out in a good showing.
thanks

Old 08-26-2005, 09:57 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah actually the people that own the dragstrip originally built the dirt track too.They sold it a few years ago.We are trying to get this together for 1 more good show before they close for the year.We'll see how it goes and be ready for next season.What about all you longview boys.I know theres some fast bikes around there.Ya'll ain't scared of a lil' traction are ya?LOL

Old 08-27-2005, 12:03 AM
Pro Rider

This is Hoover,

The traction is un-real, the my V-force would not stay down, even strapped. I got some struts ready to go though [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] !!!

The fastest guy wanted to run heads-up, imagine that, and i drew him first round, you guessed it, FBOMBERS...WTF!!!!!

I got the ET part of the deal though, i want to see a turnout!

Old 08-27-2005, 01:19 AM
Range Rover

FBOMBERS, i moved to Blossom around March, i wasnt aware anyone on here was this close to me. Where at in blossom are you located? i wouldnt be up for racing, being my Ds is getting repaired right now, and its pretty close to stock anyhow, BUT, i'd love to come support the quads. maybe share a few tips on how to drink a cold one afterwards???

Old 08-27-2005, 05:12 AM
Pro Rider

well you can count us texarkana bunch in---me kawiking,fastfatboy,and john if we are off that weekend hope this goes over good !!

Old 08-27-2005, 03:23 PM
Pro Rider

I live off 82E right on the county line.Ya'll come out and support the class.Pete,what weekend are ya'll off.We're trying to get a date set for the next one.Let me know and I'll find out what night they want us back.
Hoover,I did not choose heads up.They just put us that way.Bracket would have been fine with me.My bike went a .77,.77,.79,.82, and an 8.24 on the run I bogged.So being consistent isn't a problem for me.

Like I said ya'll give me some ideas on a date and we'll get it going.Don't forget Sandfest is the 17th so alot of guys are out for that weekend.

Old 08-27-2005, 03:38 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Pete,I just bought a Banshee really cheap with some of Damon's mild port cylinders on it.It had way too big of carbs on it and I'm replacing with stock carbs.Just so I don't have to rejet over and over what jets did you run in your Banshee after he ported it.Thanks and thanks for supporting the class.

Old 08-27-2005, 08:56 PM
Pro Rider

Brian we will be off sept 9th weekend we work every other weekend --we sure would like to come--i was running 320 or 330 mains on the stock carbs

Quick Reply: Asphalt racing for all you Texas boys