CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

kms efi review

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2005, 03:15 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default kms efi review

well i finally got the efi installed. installation was stright forward. no surprises. took me about 3 hours all said and done. could definately do a second one in half the time. product seems to be high quality, everything is labled and fits as it was supposed to. once installed bike fired right up, no leaks no problems. idle needed to be adjusted a couple of times. no big deal. performance is incredible, bike has never run so crisp. have not hooked up to computer to see what readings are. may need some minor adjustments. only complaint, which i havent talked to kelly on it yet, if machine stalls and you start right back up seems like the computer needs to go through the relearn again. i need to find out if there is any type of memory for the computer.overall product is excellent. throttle reponse is awesome. still need to get out trail riding to test further, but riding around seems to be a key product. will talk to kelly tommorow and get this buttoned up.

Old 09-06-2005, 12:48 PM
Pro Rider
Default kms efi review

i'm seriously thinking about getting the efi, i'm glad to hear ur good review about. Plus it helps to see from on here that kelly seems to stand behind his products and help anyway he can. But saint how do u think the efi and 46 compare?

Old 09-06-2005, 08:03 PM
Pro Rider
Default kms efi review

I too am interested in your comparison of the efi and 46. (but you had a 45 right? ) still interested in how the power feels in comparison to the carb.

Also, if you dont mind me asking, what was your final price all said and done? Besides the cost of the system, anything else you had to buy? It is 1395 on fullthrottle junkies right now, and it almost makes me want to get it.

Old 09-07-2005, 04:11 AM
Pro Rider
Default kms efi review

i had both the 45 and 46. i still have some tunning to do on the efi. but by the sounds of it , should be relativly easiey. after the bike warms up it runs flawlessly. throttle response is unbeliveable. power is right there. there may be more there after some tunning but time will tell. will probally be hooking up the laptop tonight to do some tunning. still havent got out and did any long trail riding yet so will give another review after that. the throttle is very light unlike the tm45. i never had a problem with the 45 being to stiff but the efi is noticibly easy to push. it weird to hear the fuel pump run when you turn on the bike. will have more seat time tonight.

Old 09-08-2005, 05:36 PM
Pro Rider
Default kms efi review

Nathan,

I got the TM45 you sent me dialed in very nice at DS days. I just needed to change the main from the 162 to a 157.5. I probably could have gone to a 155 but it ran just fine so I didn't want to spend the time tinkering instead of riding.

Now if I could just learn how to ride those off chamfer right hand turns I'd be set....lol

Thanks for the deal.

Old 09-09-2005, 11:44 AM
Pro Rider
Default kms efi review

GLAD ITS WORKING FOR YOU. IT WAS A GREAT CARB, I JUST WAS TIRED OF HAVING TO REJET FOR EVERYPLACE I RIDE. HAPPY RIDING!

Old 09-09-2005, 11:25 PM
Pro Rider
Default kms efi review

did some more work tonight with the efi. i had a problem with the o2 sensor but kelly walked me through it like a champ. tunning is easy to due. tons of things to play with. easy to notice the differences when you change things. i think after a couple more phone calls to kelly i should be right on. with all the adjustments to be made its tough to know what to adjust, but the tunning is so easy you try somthing if it doesnt feel right you can change it and try somthing else in 5 mins. way easier than changing jets!!! hes going to get a pda program for me. that way i can go on the trails and tune on the trails. no way to bring the laptop out there. so far i am impressed with kelys system. ill keep posting the farther i get.

Trending Topics

Old 09-10-2005, 12:20 AM
Pro Rider
Default kms efi review

hey saint, i thought this new o2 sensor was spose to make all the adjustments on the fly? Please help me understand.

Phil

Old 09-10-2005, 12:40 AM
Pro Rider
Default kms efi review

I think me and Dabomb are going to get one soon... think he can hook us up with a deal if we got two at once?

EFI is awsome but how well does it do in the dirt? I sure would like to have no bottom end hesitation. Is it really responsive? I may drive to NY to visit you and beg you to see how it fares.

Dabomb let's make it a day trip?

Saint how far you from Jersey? I work 10 mintues away from Manhattan.

Old 09-10-2005, 01:42 AM
Pro Rider
Default kms efi review

if saint is down it sounds like a drip gotta be a saturday though

Quick Reply: kms efi review