CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Armagosa/Dumont Nov 11-12th, anyone game?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2005, 01:32 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Armagosa/Dumont Nov 11-12th, anyone game?

I would Al...but my budddy Pete is screwing up and getting married that day. And I already payed for the tux. What a rip off that is. 150 bucks just for a few hours.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
The weather has been cooler lately. Maybe it'll hold out for ya and it won't be to bad. Did ya get another MSD? or go with the Vortex this time?

Old 09-18-2005, 02:27 PM
Pro Rider

I got a used MSD from DuneMe.

I will look into getting this one fixed, so I'll have a back up.

Old 09-18-2005, 02:41 PM
Pro Rider

COOL AL!!! you got the pig to run right!! Fu%$#@ n Msd maybe thats my problem!! The guy didn't get our head done. We were hopin to get it back together this weekend! If we get her back together count us in!!

Bud

Old 09-18-2005, 03:22 PM
Pro Rider

I'm going to start looking into how much the shipping would be to send this quad(s) out. I plan to leave Thursday Night, ride Friday and Saturday, rest all day Sunday and go home Sunday night and resume the crazy schedule I have here.

Right now my DS is running however I am having a HELL of a time adjusting the front end. I got a set of Amardillo A-Arms and it pulls to the left. I may just drop it off at a shop and have them do the alignment. I also want to switch over to my Lectron 46HV carb. I wanted to run the accel pump on the 45 to see the differences because I can't stand that low end bog when you wick it to hard. Also is there some sort of adapter so I can get the air box snorkel back on this puppy without the airbox? I saw one on Ebay but I forgot all about it. Does anyone make any or it's a custom fab item?

I also need... PADDLES. I'm thinking Haulers would do the trick.

Old 09-18-2005, 07:12 PM
Pro Rider

you'll definitely need paddles at here.... to have some real fun that is.

Talked to a guy yesterday about shipping the quads. He told me that if you contact a shipping company and they have 8 feet to spare in the back of a loaded trailer, then they might not charge you much at all. Shift, national, etc. etc. were all names that I was given that might be able to help you out.

It's a start anyway...

as far as the airbox and snorkle, all you have to do is get the right K&N and you're good to go. Most of us don't run the airbox and simply run the filter right to the snorkle. Or am I misunderstanding you?

I'll be bringing my toybox as well and it's a monster. Plenty of room for stuff.

Old 09-18-2005, 07:31 PM
Pro Rider

I've got an xtra set of paddles. They're well worn, but I was using them on the 03 last year, so they work.

Old 09-18-2005, 07:32 PM
Pro Rider

Right now my DS has an air filter directly mounted to the carb.

Bigdaddy I will call you on Mon-Tuesday. I need to see how and IF I can ship this DS out there without costing me a leg. The good thing about this ATV place is that they pick me up from the airport and take me to the dunes. That is another factor I must figure in. I guess I can get a car rental.. how hard would it be for a 2wd car to get to the dunes? Heheheheh I need to coordinate this better. Worst case scenario... I will just rent a quad over there and meet up with all you guys... but I would really prefer to saddle up on a DS and take a group Shot with a ton of bombardiers.

Old 09-18-2005, 07:32 PM
Trailblazer

there will be a bunch of us there also, hey Mario I might be able to give you a better race this year, there has been a lot of advancement in the engines on the vforce through a canadian company, fundy powersports, he is getting 107 hp at the crank, there is a couple of vforce in the country that have these motors, mine should be done by halloween, with nos that should put about a 100hp to the rear wheels, that CVT clutch and belt drive is alot to over come. I will keep an I out for you henderson guys also,hope we can get som riding in.
sincity

Old 09-18-2005, 10:12 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Entomber,

2WD vehicles are fine to make it to the camping / staging area. People take cars out there with little to no problems - it is soft on top but it is pretty solid underneath - I'm sure someone has been stuck out there, but as of yet I've never seen anyone stuck. Car Rental in Vegas will be easy - that is a town built around vacations so I'm sure you could call any major car rental company (if your an AAA member some give discounts too) you can pick up the car at the airport, and drop it off as you are on your way out as well - can't ask for much more than that.

Old 09-18-2005, 11:23 PM
Pro Rider

Or, with all of us nice guys around in the area, I'm sure someone could just pick you up, especially if they already have your bikes! If you have any other questions, pm and I'll give you my cell number. I love Dumont, I went there on Presidents day the first time I ever rode dunes, you learn really quick.... haha

Quick Reply: Armagosa/Dumont Nov 11-12th, anyone game?