CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Armagosa/Dumont Nov 11-12th, anyone game?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2005, 01:32 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Armagosa/Dumont Nov 11-12th, anyone game?

To all fellow brethren DS owners out there; me and a bud (trying to lure 2 more) are heading out from NJ to go out to your neck of the woods. We won't be bringing DS650s we will be riding rentals over there (as a matter of fact they never called me back need to call again tomorrow). I was wondering what is the weather out over there like in that time frame and would it be good for riding or anything else you can warn me about. I will probably order tickets next week and start getting the ball rolling for this little vacational riding trip. I would love to meet some of you guys out there and pose for pictures for my ever growing digital photo album.

I am also going to quickly scope for property out there. I heard the cost of property (as in pretty much anywhere here in the US) has increased quite a bit. I really enjoyed Nevada. It wasn't terribly humid and seemed more of an environment I can easily adjust to.

Old 09-15-2005, 02:00 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

The weather has been great for Amargosa, but decent at Dumont, Dumont runs a tad hotter than Gosa UNTIL OCT> NOV (then its dream weather). .. If you really want to experience something I recomend going out on Halloween weekend... If you want the dunes mainly to yourself, then come sooner, The weather should be decent... All of us, W1ngnut, and freinds will be going to the dunes soon. I wont be riding, but I will be at the hill watching my bikes and others run....oh yeah, and partying it up at night.

Old 09-15-2005, 12:27 PM
Pro Rider

Echo what mario said....

Halloween and all of the other major Holidays are simply crazy. Halloween last year was pretty crazy, in fact I almost had to open up a can of whoop on a guy driving a sand rail.

You are going to be dying without your DS though.

Gosa is VERY small compared to Dumont. Definitely go to dumont. But when you are at the bottom of comp slobbering, wishing you had your DS.... don't say I didn't warn you. If you have never been to a real dune, you're going to **** your pants. First time I ever saw comp, I said NO WAY!!!! Now that's like the easiest hill there.

Let us know what you decide.

Old 09-15-2005, 02:32 PM
Pro Rider

I'lll make the point to leave campus and drive the six hours to go out there if you guys are all there I'm now in Flagstaff, AZ instead of BHC for school.... But definately, I'm down, I'll bring both bikes and my dad to cook, haha

Old 09-15-2005, 02:48 PM
Pro Rider

Bigdaddy I have ridden Amargosa already. I want to do Amargosa first day (the guy I am going with is a bit on the reserved side) to prep him for Dumont. I'm down to climb anything! To drive out there would take too long. I am looking at least 2 days of driving if we hustle and the rise of gas could easily cost more than the plane ticket over. Trust me.. I WISH I can bring my DS. Perhaps... if I have a place to store it I can see about shipping it over. I had a friend who did that for a Glamis trip. I believe I can rent a YFZ but last time I rode one out there it kind of tired me out. You really have to keep the machine revved. Maybe a Raptor while I am out there not sure.. who knows I was trying to convince the guy to get some DS650s.

I'm hoping others like Shanksta will chime in and join us all.

Old 09-15-2005, 02:51 PM
Pro Rider

If my Pig is running, I will meet you guys there.

You can even ride it, if you want.

Keep us updated as the dates get closer and I will PM you my # so we can make sure to hook up.

Al

Old 09-15-2005, 03:48 PM
LTZ
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you ship it I may be able to store it for ya. I'm about 3 1/2 hours from Dumont. If you fly into LAX I'm right on your way to Dumont.

Old 09-15-2005, 08:21 PM
Pro Rider

Like Al says...when the date gets closer let us know again and if that is a weekend, Im sure i'll show up. From hollerwinie on is Dumont time for me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-16-2005, 12:29 AM
Pro Rider

Did a little riding with Eaglecollector a couple of times. Good guy to ride with. That said, Eagle and I must have been taken some tuff routes, cause everyone that was with us bailed.

I got no problem storing your quad, and can even help ship it back. I can't believe that would cost less than just driving... There is a guy out here who rents all kinds of stuff, I even think that he rents 450ex's. I'll check tomorrow and let you know what the low-down is. Man, I wish you could get Saint out here with ya. He needs to ride some dunes in a bad way.

Mario, Eagle, Punisher and on and on are good guys.... it'd be great seeing you flat-landers out here [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-16-2005, 11:45 AM
Pro Rider

Budtaar has my old stock DS. It's now a RWR stage 1.

I'm sure he would meet us out there that day also.

He also has two turbos to ride.

Plus I can bring my son's slightly modified 450R.

That's got to be faster than anything you will be able to rent.

Quick Reply: Armagosa/Dumont Nov 11-12th, anyone game?