CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Chaparral Parking Lot Sale

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2005, 02:54 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chaparral Parking Lot Sale

Anyone headed to the Parking Lot sale this weekend? I used to try and go early in the morning but found the deals get better the later in the day you go anyhow. If you are in driving distance and need gear, the deals are worth the drive - cash only though. (Unless you buy stuff in the store at regular prices.)

I am debating what to do about some boots...

Old 09-28-2005, 04:46 PM
Range Rover

Are you taking orders for us Chris? Too far to drive.

Old 09-28-2005, 05:44 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 04DS650
Are you taking orders for us Chris? Too far to drive.

Yea, I need a set of 6 paddle Haulers for my son.

Old 09-28-2005, 10:19 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Al are those 8" wheels on the honda? I'll take a look and see what they have and give ya a call. If ya like what they have i'll bring them with me on the 8th.

Old 09-28-2005, 10:43 PM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

This will be our seventh year in a row, it's a can't miss if you need anything gear or apparel wise. Probably the best deals you will ever find on helmets. Stiffy's with quick releases for $15.
Don't be expecting much for the DS though. I've yet to find any kind of exhaust or footpegs, well anything for that matter, for the DS. Have you ever seen anything Bomb related Blackhawk? I could have missed it but I've searched high and low.

Hey Eaglecollector, watch out for that fire down in Calimesa, it's blowing your way. If you need to bring the bikes up here to 29 Palms where the sand don't burn let me know!

Old 10-01-2005, 02:46 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I'll be headed over tomorrow to the sale. I am in need of boots as AXO is fresh out of replacement buckles for my 6 year old boots. Right now there are boots listed in the ad at $80 that normally sell for $234 inside of Chaparral - so anyone who thinks their 'local shop will compete - you need to see this to understand. Your local shop can compete with Chaparal sure, no big deal. The parking lot sale isn't Chaparral selling stuff - it is the actual vendors selling off the remaining stock of last years models and such. I got my helmet two years ago for $110 (I think) I looked it up on the net at $279 for the same model. Some stuff is a super hot deal, some is just OK. If you know what you are shopping for, then you can find the deals.

As far as stuff for the DS, there wont ever be anything. I had an LT250R when they were popular and there wasnt anything to be had for that ATV either. The only Bombardier parts I saw were the vendors selling watercraft parts - obviously Bombardier / Sea Doo is the largest fish in that market.

I just hope that I can find some of those $80 boots in a decent color as well as size 14 or 15.

Old 10-02-2005, 07:57 AM
Pro Rider

How were the deals???

I ended up going to the CORR races down in Chula Vista today...
Pretty awesome I must say. For all the 'old guys' on here....
it was like the Old'en days at Riverside Raceway!

Awesome to watch ProTruck, Trophy Trucks and Class 1s from the grandstands instead of chasing them all over Baja or the desert.

Who got 'smokin' deals at Chaparral????

Old 10-02-2005, 02:05 PM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

Pretty much the same deals as usual. Closeouts and model clearances, if you needed gear it was the place to be. Top brand helmets from $50-100, chest protectors as low as $20, same with pants and jerseys, good gloves around $10-15. I know ZEUS helmets are probably not the best ones on the market but they look so damn cool and were only $30. Had to get one. My son picked up a very nice set of ProGrip goggles with light sensitive lenses for $30. $89 inside.

Some of the better deals we picked up were Kriptonite cables with locks, and ProGrip tie down straps, all $5 each.
Big Gun spark arrestors for $10, they're $20 if you get them at thier store in Rancho.

And now the kicker to the whole trip. Can never seem to find anything for the DS, but I stumbled upon some sets of GBC Dune Trackers mounted on ITP wheels. After two visits and having to deal with three different salesmen They told me they weren't selling and needed to move them. I got them down to $50 per set. So is that a deal or not? To me the wheels were worth atleast that and I've never ran the GBC's but I see they are some of the lower cost of the Dune tires so not real sure of thier quality over all. Can someone advise of thier performance in the sand?

They finally figured out the parking and had free shuttles running constantly to and from the nearby ballpark.

Old 10-02-2005, 02:12 PM
Pro Rider

Not a bad deal, Rocky mountain has the package of GBC on rims for $112 + shipping. I highly recommend the 22x8x10 instead of the 21x8x10. It doesn't seem like 1 in would make that much of a design difference, but side by side the two tires have very drastic difference. The 22 seems to be wider and flatter at the sand contact point while the 21 taper down very fast. In fact I have a set of 21 sitting in my garage.

Old 10-02-2005, 08:35 PM
Military Rider

Yeah, I also wish they had been 22 or even a 23, but for $50 a set I couldn't be real choosey.
That was I believe the first time I had ever seen anything DS650 related and this was our seventh trip. I may dismount the tires and slap them on eBay and keep the wheels. We go through them pretty quick up here in the High Desert. After every storm the riding terrain is drasticly changed and new rocks and boulders with even sharper points than before have appeared...

Blackhawk, did you find those size 15 boots? That's what I wear also and I didn't see any. Barely found XXL gloves. Lots of Ladies sizes in everything!

Quick Reply: Chaparral Parking Lot Sale