CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

New Member, Old Questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2005, 01:38 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Member, Old Questions

OK, so after almost a year reading this forum I have decided to join. I used to post on another forum but there was not enough going on over there. After getting turned on to this site through a link, I began to find more posts here, and I have made the switch. I feel like somewhat of a traitor because the other forum was useful, but I just needed more information, and this seems to be the place for information. So here are my first questions;

1. I just got my intake ported (HPR Full Race Porting), do I need to rejet?
2. I am considering running no airbox with only the snorkel, between the filter and carb. With this and
the ported intake, should I rejet?

Thanks for any replys, and all the info I have already taken from this forum and all the members.

FatHolly

Old 09-28-2005, 01:42 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Are you going to be running any type of exhaust modifications?

Old 09-28-2005, 01:47 PM
Pro Rider

Hi FatHolly,
Welcome ... the waters fine...

Ya, just not enough activity over at the "Other Guys site".
I reccognize your log on name and have gotten lots of great help here. These guys are really Good with lots of racing advice .... some of these guys spend big money on big bore kits and speed parts : - )
I also got the porting done on my intake but also switched over to the TM45 carb but that is a bit different as I had the Ron Woods guys get me in the ball park.
If all you did was the intake porting ....?
I'd say to just go out and run the bike for a bit and see how she feels ?
After that check the plugs and their color.
Determine if there is any backfireing or rich smelling gas comming out of the exhaust.
If anything I think just moving the currently installed needle up or down for richness would do the job.

Have you run the bike at all yet ?

Old 09-28-2005, 01:48 PM
Pro Rider

Sorry about that, I should have known to put that stuff in. Yes, HMF, K&N. Its already jetted with lid off for that combo.

Old 09-28-2005, 01:55 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I would try running with the lid on and the two black snorkel tubes disconnected and observe the plug after running it and let us know the results.

Old 09-28-2005, 01:55 PM
Range Rover

FatHolly, There's no rule that says you can't be a member of multiple forums! Lot's of folks here are on the other one too.

Hope to meet you in the dunes this year. A bunch of my buds are going out next weekend already. I'll probably wait a few more weeks. Still 100 degrees out there.

Old 09-28-2005, 02:01 PM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

Welcome FatHolly. I too recognize you from the ATVMX forum. Lots of good info on all three (Extreme Garage) sites but this one definitely has the most action, and probably the best answers, but only due to the amout of input. Quite a few of us are members of all three. It doesn't hurt to post your questions on all of them if you have the time to check them.
Once again, Welcome.

Old 09-28-2005, 02:02 PM
Pro Rider

04DS650, where you heading out to ?

The weekend of the 14th I have a good sized group of like (12) of us headed out to Ocotillo Wells for the weekend.

My Craptor friend is comming this time with his new 686 cc kit... that thing is fast !

Dunes were my first choice but the annual park fee + Gas + Distence is killing me so Octoillo it is ....

Closer by, no fees, and good for some basic trail riding and testing of the new parts : - ).

Old 09-28-2005, 02:06 PM
Pro Rider

Intake porting alone changed my jetting almost a full jet and with the intake mods I am sure you would be looking at a larger jet. I sold the ported intake when I got the turbo and the buyer found the same to be true. these findings were with the stock carb.

Old 09-28-2005, 02:14 PM
Pro Rider

I know I should still post over there but I have sort of a one track mind, besides I looks like most of the members, and topics for that matter, are very similar. There is just more here, no offense to any other forum. Anyway, I'm trying to get the old girl in shape before my first trip, and I figure this is the best and fastest place to get answers. Thanks for the greetings and see you in the sand.

Quick Reply: New Member, Old Questions