CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Odyssey Battery failure. What do you guys think ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2005, 05:25 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Odyssey Battery failure. What do you guys think ?

Hi guys. Do you guys think there is something that screwed the battery up or did it just take a dump ????????????
I have a opened end cap,jet kit and Ron woods CDI.

Here is a letter I wrote to the company on ebay that sold me my battery.

Hi I purchased a ODYSSEY PC545 DRY CELL BATTERY on July 21st and received it I would say the beginning of Aug 2005. I own a 2004 Bombardier DS 650 Baja. I purchased this battery because of so many people on ATV connection.com saying it was the best and some had them for 5 years with no problems.

Well I went out for a ride with my son today and after turning my quad off it would not start back up. I came home and checked the battery with a volt meter and it was only reading 9.5 volts. I then went to charge the battery and after 5 minutes the charger said the battery was charged. I then again checked the battery with the volt meter and it said 13 volts. As soon as I tried to start the bike up the solenoid started clicking. I then checked again and had 9.0 volts. I realized something was wrong. I figure over the past two months I have ridden with my son around 6 or 7 times. I'm sure you will agree that it should last longer two months. I would like to return it to you for a replacement as soon as possible. I will wait to hear back from you.

Thanks, Derek

Old 10-02-2005, 05:37 PM
Pro Rider

Good new is if it did take a dump it has a 2 year warrenty. I haven't heard of anyone having a failure with the PC545 but anything is possible. What kind of charger are you using to charge it? maintence charger? high amp charger?

Old 10-02-2005, 05:49 PM
Pro Rider

2 amp maintenance charger. The same one I use for my street bike. I even used my floor amp charger which has a setting for 2 amp also and got the same readings.

Old 10-02-2005, 07:00 PM
Pro Rider

The 2amp charger may be your problem, check out http://www.odysseybatteries.com/charging.htm

Old 10-02-2005, 08:29 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the post. It says 6 to 7 amp. I did not know that. I still think after two months it should not need charging anyway. My old stock battery never needed charging at all. The only reason it went bad is because it got a leak in the side. D

Old 10-02-2005, 09:21 PM
Pro Rider

Mine died also.

It didn't even have two hours of use on it.

They would not warranty it cause I didn't have a reciept.

I'm not saying that there wasn't something that killed it but make sure you have a reciept.

Old 10-02-2005, 09:26 PM
Pro Rider

I bought it from ebay. I have paypal documentation also the ebay winning bidder page. I should not have a problem. Later, D

Old 10-03-2005, 12:08 PM
Pro Rider

great news, my new pc545 shows up from ups on thursday

Old 05-06-2007, 11:39 PM
Pro Rider
I ride a little here and there......

Mine just took a dump on me also....barely got home. Tried charging it and it said it was charged but it was DEAD....put the old half charged stock battery back on and its good as new. By the way it did the exact same thing Mrneg9's did.

Old 05-07-2007, 12:03 AM
Pro Rider

Yea i went back with the stock battery, i didnt like the numbers for the Odyssey specs, u gotta remember most of the guys on here are west coast guys out ridin the sand, where its warm and their batteries dont need much, on the east coast it gets cold and we need a better battery with high numbers, if u look i did a post on a battery comparison

Quick Reply: Odyssey Battery failure. What do you guys think ?