CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

I GOT SPANKED!

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2005, 02:52 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I GOT SPANKED!

Hey Mike, it was fun meeting up and riding with you guys this weekend. It is amazing what Ray Fundy can do to this motor. Mine was dynoed at the crank with 82 hp, the 36mm carbs add about another 7-8 hp. I wish rear wheel hp was 90hp. LOL. Well I guess with the nitrous that would be about right. For a quad that weighs in at 516lbs dry, and as you know I have all the bolt on goodies adding even more weight, it will get up a haul! I did enjoy beating your friend with the Banshee without the nitrous after he insisted I was using it all the time. He was in shock. Later when I loaded up to go home he said "at least I am number one again", LOL!! It was all fun!! We will have to get together again out at Dumont and do some riding. We will be back out there for Halloween. If you have my numbers give me a call and I will get you the info you need to get that V cranking!!

Mario, hey Mark(sincityduner) has his engine out and back up to Fundy. He is getting Ray's newest port and cams. The last one dynoed at 107hp at the crank. Mark is hoping to be close to that, with no nos. He is also having the swingarm extended like MHP did. Then he will be able to keep the front down with a 50 shot. It should haul. We are hoping to have it back and tuned for Halloween. I dont think we are to the point of yours, but maybe someday with the Weber 44's we will be able to run alcohol and pick up the #'s a bit. The biggest disadvantage with the quad is the weight. It is hard to shed it!!

Later all....

Ken

Old 10-03-2005, 03:02 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?
Default I GOT SPANKED!

Congrats Ken!!! Its great to hear you guys have turned them bikes into such monsters. I bet your bike was a BLAST to ride at Coral pink. I know you have been working on them Vs for a while now. I liked how sincitys bike sounded like a v 8 last time we were out there (SICK). Im sure my bike will have its hands full now. Cant wait to see yall at the dunes and see those Vs shatter some dreams. Congrats again on the weekend guys, Sounds like fun.

Old 10-03-2005, 03:54 PM
Pro Rider
Default I GOT SPANKED!

What a small world this is. I figured that the owner of that monster would show up on this post. Ken, it was great riding with you too. As you might of figured I was having a difficult time on the ride. My bike is popping and gurguling in all gears and idle has become very unpredictable. I'm going to tear down the carb this week and see what can be done.

I guess what was soooo impressive about your bike is that it wasn't setup for drag racing, and you were able to ride the dunes with out a problem at all. Some bikes that fast, just cant do that. VERY impressive! Best thing about your bike, is that it's being riden by one hell of a guy. One of the very nicest guys I've met. You've got guys to ride with - even if their bikes aren't green. Got some good dates coming up in the next couple of months, and I hope to see you out there. Lot's of the same people will be there.

Hey Ken, how about that weather???? AWSOME!!!!!

Would love to see you and Mario hook up at the hill.

I took me looking back at some of Mario's video to realize just how fast he is, and just how hard he comes out of the hole. I is hard to beat, but I'm sure you'll give him a little pause.

I will say that I road just about everything this weekend even the new 700EFI Rappy. Hands down the most stable and comfortable machine was my DS. Absolutely NO twitch in the dunes, no negative feedback from the chop, no wandering over the whoops - NOTHING. I love my DS and feel that it's one of the very best out there. Used to think that the Rotax was the fashizzle..... NOPE.... It's the twin. Hats off to the vtwin. Also, while I'm at it.... Ken, do you have box of whips when you ride? That was the CLEANEST bike I have ever seen. Most think that my bike is clean. Your's looked like you stop and polish at ever dune crest or open flat. What gives??? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-03-2005, 04:13 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default I GOT SPANKED!

Good dune report!
As a V-force owner I like to here about the potential that the V-force has ,and its nice to hear that some folks are actually showing the general Duning public what these BIG AUTO's can really do.

What does the 730 FUndy sports engine consist of?

Over bore?
cams?
porting?
CDI?
Pistons?
Carbs?

Maybe the wife will let me send her V-force to canada for an "oil change"[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Biggerisbetter.

Old 10-03-2005, 04:36 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I GOT SPANKED!

Heck, a lot of people know what can be done to the 400 polaris models. Many people dont laugh long when they get beat. It is not hard to understand (at least for me) that a big V-twin can motorvate like that. Good job!!!

Old 10-03-2005, 07:32 PM
Pro Rider
Default I GOT SPANKED!

When my DS was stock, I raced a stock KFX 700 and had no problem winning over and over again. Of course, the other rider probably outweighed me by 50 lbs or so. As we have both done modifications to our machines, I still beat him. Now, if he goes and redoes his engine, I assume he will win since I usually only win by 1-3 lengths. I'll just tie a rope to his axle and a tree if he does that.

Old 10-03-2005, 08:29 PM
Pro Rider
Default I GOT SPANKED!

LOL.....People that think these auto machines are slow and a waste will be getting a wake up call. They have never been around the world of snowmachines thats for sure. EVERY one of those sleds are autos and they will smoke any quad put up to them. Auto's can be extremely fast. No lost time in the shifts for one thing. No distractions from shifting so you can better concentrate on your riding for another. People have laughed at me when I said I wanted a V-force, and they laughed at my Poo 400 BUT I know what learked within and was ready to make some people eat their words. Now I traded the 400 off so cant do that and the VF is in the air rather that will happen or not. One thing for sure my next quad I actually buy, WILL be an auto and that kills me because that eliminates the DS.

Old 10-03-2005, 08:57 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!
Default I GOT SPANKED!

You know, I read this post and I will have to say a post like this would never remain civil in most other forums. There would be name calling and hard feelings. None of that has happened here. I just wonder why? Is it the age of the posters? Is it because most DS owners are "big" and therefore they are jolly? Is it that most DS owners are mello?
I just find it refreshing when I see a post like this. Can someone give me some answers?

Old 10-03-2005, 09:07 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?
Default I GOT SPANKED!

Originally posted by: Doctorturbo
You know, I read this post and I will have to say a post like this would never remain civil in most other forums. There would be name calling and hard feelings. None of that has happened here. I just wonder why? Is it the age of the posters? Is it because most DS owners are "big" and therefore they are jolly? Is it that most DS owners are mello?
I just find it refreshing when I see a post like this. Can someone give me some answers?

Most of us have met each other and know each other well and have mutual respect...

Old 10-03-2005, 09:19 PM
Pro Rider
Default I GOT SPANKED!

still will never forget the first kfx i heard with dual exhaust, we were with biggerisbetter and a whole other bunch of guys at little sahara ok. we were parked on the edge of a group of tree's and heard the monster V-8 buggie blasting up the hill in front of us so we take cover off to the side as much as possible and waited for the typical crazy buggie guy to blast past us and then there it was (samcosds kid) comes smoken up the hill on his kfx with dual pipes sounding just like a monster V-8 buggie!! coolest thing i think i have ever heard coming out of a quad[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: I GOT SPANKED!