CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

I GOT SPANKED!

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 09:37 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I GOT SPANKED!

Sorry guys, didn't know my password at home so I couldn't reply, back in the office now.

No, pics of the drag frame,

Fastest time I've heard of on a prairie, is 4.3, but that's not exactly official, so mid 4's......

Looking around for vids to post, here's 1st quads prairie, running 4.7 taking the win.

http://rides.webshots.com/video/3099343470033612512

Here one of my prairie, going through practice timing traps we had set up, vid starts and stops at 300 ft, it looks short, but the guy videoing (MBF), is at 1/2 track and the zoom on the camera, the first 150 ft, makes it look short.

Both vids are all motor. I had the bottle on but wasn't using it, also I was on gas because of the temp, usually run alky.

http://media.putfile.com/300-Feet

Old 02-05-2007, 12:44 PM
Pro Rider
Default I GOT SPANKED!

That is a lot of power for the relatively low cost. $2600.00 alone would just get you a stroker for the DS. If Can-An released that 800 in a DS like frame and market... I can only imagine how fast that thing could be. I was talking to Elliot at Ron Wood Racing when the Renegade was first introduced and he said it was reaching well over the 100mph mark and beating dirt bikes. Wonder if those crazy Canadians would work on a Renegade or DS.

Old 02-06-2007, 12:13 AM
Pro Rider
Default I GOT SPANKED!

Im ready to get one of these Kawis for the G/F, Im afraid if I start adding parst Im gonna get hooked

Old 02-06-2007, 05:56 PM
Pro Rider
Default I GOT SPANKED!

Originally posted by: Entomber
That is a lot of power for the relatively low cost. $2600.00 alone would just get you a stroker for the DS. If Can-An released that 800 in a DS like frame and market... I can only imagine how fast that thing could be. I was talking to Elliot at Ron Wood Racing when the Renegade was first introduced and he said it was reaching well over the 100mph mark and beating dirt bikes. Wonder if those crazy Canadians would work on a Renegade or DS.
Last time I spoke to ray about the Outlanders, he had plans of making some kits up for them. but I don't think he has any yet. That was about a month ago when I last asked about them.

Old 02-06-2007, 06:29 PM
Pro Rider
Default I GOT SPANKED!

Nice vids Shotgun. Yours has changed quite a bit since that Avitar pic, I would not have guesed it was a prairie at first glance. Any idea what you got the weight down to these days. It looks pretty light.

You say 1stquad was not spraying his in that vid. Man his green machine was moving on too. Was that his current 800 setup?

Old 02-06-2007, 06:29 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best
Default I GOT SPANKED!

Originally posted by: learnem
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Allright all you COCKasaki A$$holes....we DS'rs have been PLENTY nice enough, but six pages???? go back to your own freekin g0d DaMn forum and tout your HP gains there, we have our own issues, like carb springs, and turbo kits to deal with.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Where IS the phantom rider when you really need that guy??

P.S I heard the Polaris guys are real big pushovers....why don't you move this GARBAGE over there???
The Phantom Rider is off in a corner Pouting becuase spinners made fun of him for shaving his arms.. He says it makes it easier to apply sunscreen.. I say he is a lil on the metro side.. 1 step away from shavin his legs and wearin dresses.

Old 02-07-2007, 08:27 AM
Pro Rider
Default I GOT SPANKED!

No, 1stquad is not on the spray..

Not sure on weight, 450-500lb would be a guess, with the bar on.

Full plastic is going back on, got to make it look stock...lol

Old 03-01-2007, 09:05 PM
Pro Rider
Default I GOT SPANKED!

Is a drag Kawi still in the works ?

Old 03-02-2007, 09:20 AM
Pro Rider
Default I GOT SPANKED!

Yes, I believe there's a few in the works.

turbo V, being built in Canada,

a twin turbo V, being built in La.

You've probably already seen the blown V.

There's a couple of 840 and 900 V's out, that should run low 4's

a 1000cc drag prairie being built in Pa.

I'm building a drag frame for my 900.

Not sure if the V's will ever be in the running for top bikes, because of the weight, but Kawie might have the fastest utes, for the time being anyway. When we go to the drags, there's very few sport bikes that want any part of my prairie.

One thing the Auto Kawie have been missing all these years is gearing, we now have a source for internal and diff gears, from Germany.

Old 03-02-2007, 02:51 PM
Pro Rider
Default I GOT SPANKED!

Originally posted by: SHOTGUN
Yes, I believe there's a few in the works.

turbo V, being built in Canada,

a twin turbo V, being built in La.

You've probably already seen the blown V.

There's a couple of 840 and 900 V's out, that should run low 4's

a 1000cc drag prairie being built in Pa.

I'm building a drag frame for my 900.

Not sure if the V's will ever be in the running for top bikes, because of the weight, but Kawie might have the fastest utes, for the time being anyway. When we go to the drags, there's very few sport bikes that want any part of my prairie.

One thing the Auto Kawie have been missing all these years is gearing, we now have a source for internal and diff gears, from Germany.
I thought I read somewhere FST did some conversions to chain drive off of a Scat Trak design. Wouldnt that solve gearing issues ?