CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

I GOT SPANKED!

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2005, 11:54 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I GOT SPANKED!

Originally posted by: biggerisbetter
Well I give big props to Fundy for doing a great job at a fair price!! the 700 is twice the porting and twice the cams, and he is doing all of that for HALF the price. Someone will eventually spend the money to get the V-force chassis in drag race shape (is 330lbs possible?) would be neat to see the whole package put together.

DS guys know thier aint nothing wrong with giving other guys respect for what they ride. Its a Style thing.

Bigger.
Hey guys, I will see if I can find a picture of it. On the kawieriders,com forum there is a guy with an FST 916 stroker with chain drive V-force that he is setting up purely for drag racing. From what I understand its capable of 120mph with proper sprockets. Not sure on the 300' times though. Last I heard he was still dialing it in. Its Mickey Dunlaps Skat Trak built chain drive V if you have seen it in the rags. Later

Ken

Old 10-05-2005, 11:54 AM
Pro Rider
Default I GOT SPANKED!

Hi Bigger.

yes it is good to get some recognition for the kawa, especially from you guys, every kawa guy
knows how fast you DS guy have been for years.

We finally got a couple of motor builders working on improvement, they are in direct competition so
every day we are getting faster.

Wasn't that long ago all we had to talk about was springs and jetting....now it's monster cams, porting, larger intakes, larger carbs 36-44's, lighten flywheels, overdrive clutches, chain drives and different gear sets.

Thanks for the pops

Old 10-05-2005, 12:04 PM
Pro Rider
Default I GOT SPANKED!

At what RPM are these KFX's making 80HP plus at the crank and what compression ratio are you guys running? If you have a dyno run you can e-mail or post somewhere?

Old 10-05-2005, 12:09 PM
Pro Rider
Default I GOT SPANKED!

i must say that the bomb forum may have the most mature group of guys on the site. it may have something to do with the fact that the ds is not for kids. i bet we could go talk blasters on the yammi forum and get heated with some seventh graders.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] i wanted to drag a kawi 700 last year. the guy was constantly staring me down and i could tell he wanted to see what the ds was all about. so when i was done on the trails i went to the strip to do some runs and after i destroyed a couple of craptors and a nice shiny new 450r he did not step up. he probably could have got me from what i am hearing about these things. i have heard that they are very quick on the holeshot. just how fast is a stock kfx 700? can it go stock for stock with a ds? i like the sound of the performance they are putting out for that small amount of cash. props to kawi[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-05-2005, 01:18 PM
Pro Rider
Default I GOT SPANKED!

no a stock V probable won't take a DS, might hole shot him but top speed goes to the DS.

when you start adding mods they catch up quick.

Difference in a stock V and a BBK is, stock 5.8 - 5.9 in 300 ft. bbk is 4.6- 4.9 in 300 ft. that all motor, start adding nos x 2 and see what you get.

Not a V, but here is a vid of our Prairie (blue) racing in the Modded 4x4 class, these two vids are racing a
750cc, piped, jetted, clutched, with CDI Brutes Forces. Gave the brute a 1 sec jump out of the
hole and put 20-25 lengths on him.

At these same races our 600 lb prairie beat everything there including all modded sports bikes as I stated above.

races

Old 10-05-2005, 01:47 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?
Default I GOT SPANKED!

Thats pretty sick Shotgun!! Nice vids. looks like the blue one hauls azz.

Old 10-05-2005, 02:28 PM
Pro Rider
Default I GOT SPANKED!

Thanks Mario, coming from you that's a real compliment.

That bike is really set up for pulling not racing (except for tires). took it just for fun, but that gives the DS guy's that haven't run up against BBK an idea of the speed they now have.

Old 10-05-2005, 03:30 PM
Pro Rider
Default I GOT SPANKED!

Originally posted by: SHOTGUN

Wasn't that long ago all we had to talk about was springs and jetting....now it's monster cams, porting, larger intakes, larger carbs 36-44's, lighten flywheels, overdrive clutches, chain drives and different gear sets.
Wasnt that long ago when the DS guys were in the same boat. I can remember when the big gun pipe was about all you could find for the DS and it was a POS. Then came Ron Woods, Pami, TVI, Sam Coe, Mr. HP, and the races were on!!.

I think the DS crew knew that the V was going to eventually be a serious force to be reckon with. We also knew that Yammy wasnt going to sit idle on the Craptor either. The days have come it looks like.

Old 10-05-2005, 06:41 PM
Pro Rider
Default I GOT SPANKED!

The cvt clutch still robs a ton of power especially on the steep stuff. A stock 700 is not even a match for a stock DS. 300ft or hills. If the V was not CVT it would be a different story. I have not seen the 730 run yet but Ckedd's 800 got alot better hole shot and held the same top speed up choke cherry as the turbo DS. The twin cylinder gives much smoother stronger power per CC than the single. I am hoping they throw the 800 twin bomb motor in a lighter frame. Pipe intake and carb and I am guessing 75-80 hp.

Old 10-05-2005, 09:55 PM
Trailblazer
Default I GOT SPANKED!

Hey Crackerjack, the pumpgas 730 makes about the same HP as MoreHP's motor did last year but with alot more topend. Not sure if you had seen it run after the jetting and clutching were sorted out.
Thanks,
Ray

Quick Reply: I GOT SPANKED!