CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

carbon fiber plastics

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2005, 11:13 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default carbon fiber plastics

Have you guys seen the carbon fiber front facia on ebay? What do you guys think of it? I e-mailed the guy and he said they're working on rear fenders now. If you want to buy the facia directly he said it would be $300. Well just thought i'd mention another fender option.

heres is the link if some of you guys haven't seen it. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DS650...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 10-06-2005, 11:19 PM
Pro Rider

You can also purchase a carbon fiber gas tank cover from Richards Recreation for around $210.00

Old 10-06-2005, 11:46 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: CountryJoeGlass
You can also purchase a carbon fiber gas tank cover from Richards Recreation for around $210.00
Now is that true carbon fiber or just the plastic tank with a carbon fiber sticker that BRP used to offer a few years ago?

Old 10-06-2005, 11:51 PM
Pro Rider

thanks i didn't know that

Old 10-06-2005, 11:51 PM
Pro Rider

i won the auction for the cf facia last week, im waiting for it to come in. ill let you all know on the fitment when i receive it

Old 10-07-2005, 12:01 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Sandaholic
Originally posted by: CountryJoeGlass
Now is that true carbon fiber or just the plastic tank with a carbon fiber sticker that BRP used to offer a few years ago?

That's a good question. The one I saw looked like the real deal. If it was a sticker I couldn't tell. I will inquire about the make up of the tank cover.

Old 10-07-2005, 12:07 AM
Pro Rider

When BRP did have the carbon fiber look a like plastic, it was priced as if it were real carbon fiber! We all know carbon fiber is not cheap but it is strong and light. I am not sure if it weighs any less then the stock plastic, and strength really isn't a big factor as you would probably want your plastic to flex instead of crack.

My point is $200+ is probably what true carbon fiber will cost us, $200+ for plastic with a sticker... that's another story.

Old 10-07-2005, 12:30 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Sandaholic
When BRP did have the carbon fiber look a like plastic, it was priced as if it were real carbon fiber! We all know carbon fiber is not cheap but it is strong and light. I am not sure if it weighs any less then the stock plastic, and strength really isn't a big factor as you would probably want your plastic to flex instead of crack.

My point is $200+ is probably what true carbon fiber will cost us, $200+ for plastic with a sticker... that's another story.

Plastic prices all over the place. I order a new black front nose plastic last year for $46.00 from my local dealer. I also bought a new black rear plastic at the same time for $89.00 from local dealer. They tried to charge $280.00 when I went to pick them up but told them this is what they quoted me. They gave them to me at what they quoted me originally. I called the same local dealer this week for a red rear plastic & was told $215.00 for it. So I started to look at the laker plastics red rear fender for around $180.00 which was still more than my brother wanted to pay. I called Richards Recreation today & was quoted $95.00 for a new red rear fender. I have the new red fender & other parts coming from Richards Recreation. My local dealer has lost my business.

Old 10-07-2005, 12:50 AM
Pro Rider

I saw that earlier this week and haven't been able to get it out of my head. fourwheelfhreek make sure you post some pics when you get it on, PM me if you need a host.

BTW, does Richards recreation have a website? A carbon fiber tank cover with the new laker custom blue fender front and rear with other carbon accents would look bad a$$.

-Josh

Old 10-07-2005, 02:33 AM
Trailblazer

the web site says that it is 100% guarinteed if it ever gets broken or cracked they will repair it for free as long as you have their stickers on it still. I wonder if they could make a whole set of plastics (fenders) it would be worth the price if they would offer the same warenty, the company is called www.feathercarbon.com

Quick Reply: carbon fiber plastics