CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Nitrous on the inline 4 streetbike motors

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2005, 02:58 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitrous on the inline 4 streetbike motors

I installed a NOS kit on my DSXR 750 last week. What a RUSH. I shot 36hp thru it this weekend, and what an adreneline kick that was. I should have done this a long time ago. Even though the bottle temps were low, and Im sure it ran really rich due to the bottle pressure being only 750 psi. , that is some amazing stuff to say the least. I will be getting a bottle heater for next weekends race, and were going to bump it up to a 48 shot. These inline 4's seem to react really well to the bottle. Amazingly well I must add. I just need more motor now, its really a sickness, isnt it.

Just wanted to share the excitement, and Im going to install this on everything from here on out. Just a side note, the kits sell for 700 bucks, but I think you could put one together for 350 easily.

Gary

Old 10-10-2005, 03:06 PM
amd
Pro Rider

Yes it is a sickness!!!a very good one. I put n20 on my friends gsxr 1000. I must say it is pretty nasty with it. We are giving his about a 60 shot. If your bottle pressure would have been around 1000 or so you really would have went for a ride.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-10-2005, 03:07 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Sounds good Gary. Did you run it at the track or just in the dunes? I would like to know about how much time you think you would pick up on the bottle. Im about to get hooked soon, very soon. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-10-2005, 03:26 PM
Pro Rider

Yes, it seems the bottle pressure is the key to making the HP. I tried to put the bottle on the defrost in the truck first, but the pressure only came up a little. I found they make a heater kick that is self adjusting. You set the pressure of the bottle desired, and the heater turns on and off to maintain it. Im curious as to how much juice it drains from the battery though. Any info on that would be great.

Choose,
I did run it on a track in Burr Oak Wisconsin yesterday. Its definately faster, but the times didnt show but 2 tenths of a second. Im running 22" 12 paddle tripple buffs, and they didnt hook up until 3/4 track. Ill post a link to the video, after I get it up on putfile.com. I thought I was in need of more tire before the Nos, but its definate now. I think with the proper tire, proper bottle pressure, and proper gearing, 4 tenths faster will be about right. I was really hoping to hit the 4 second mark this year, but the season is almost over, and we have no more sand drags to go to.

Gary

Old 10-10-2005, 03:35 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

The heater works great and keeps a constant pressure without you having to worry about it and does not pull much from the battery. I carry a battery pack in staging lane just to be safe!!!!

Old 10-10-2005, 03:37 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Sounds good. Looks like there will be a few DS's in the 4.0's and even the 3.99 area by next year....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 10-10-2005, 04:08 PM
Pro Rider

Dstroyer,

Does you 750 shift opposite of a normal bike or did you put in some linkage to get it to shift in the regular order- I kinda spaced out that without the linkage that 1st would be on top and the other gears in decending order. If I don't like it this weekend I'll put some kind of linkage in to turn the shift order back to normal.

Old 10-10-2005, 04:33 PM
Pro Rider

Major,

It does shift in reverse. Before my first ride, I had completely spaced on the linkage and thought, dam, this is going to be hard. After my first trip out, I prefer having it in reverse. It seems so much more natural than up shifting. In the drags, its alot easier kicking it down than pulling it up. Your able to adjust yourself on the bike when accelerating, instead of trying to keep your foot in place for the next shift. (at least I thought it was easier).

By the way, we just kept the twist throttle on the Raptor 1000, the thumb throttle was going to be to big of a headache. Also, that 1000 really hauls ars. The dunes will never be the same come spring. LOL

Next project inline is my sons Lt80 to an Rm85 motor. Then comes the Busa drag bike.

Gary

Old 10-10-2005, 08:55 PM
Pro Rider

I hope I like the shift order too- it will take a little getting used
The thumb throttle turned out great on my bike, I really prefer a thumb thru the whoops on a quad- I'm really looking forward to ripping up the dunes this weekend it'll be the first trip on the new motor[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-10-2005, 11:49 PM
Pro Rider

i put a cold fussion kit on my yzf600 a week ago,ran it in 500ft grass drags,and it was set up about 14hp per hole.wow what a differance,we were at 5500ft,with bad air, i ran one pass all motor and ran 7.2 @70mph,with the nos i had to turn it on in 2nd around the 200ft mark,shift as fast as i could to 4th,because of tire spin,and the best pass i had was 6.5 @84.5mph.i also will have to add a few paddels for the dunes

Quick Reply: Nitrous on the inline 4 streetbike motors