CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Horsepower and Torque ratings for the Big Boys?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2005, 12:33 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Horsepower and Torque ratings for the Big Boys?

Originally posted by: DuneMe
ODP:

Will you be able to put a bigger injector on if you perform extensive mods or want to run alky?

Can you integrate with a Nitrous system to have the injector compensate for Nitrous shots without a fuel jet? Microswitches?

The lack of an O2 sensor is probably good as I can see some owners throwing (leaded) race-gas in their quad.

That is very interesting though about the EFI. For someone that throws a pipe and air box mod on and does nothing to the EFI map, they are now running lean and may not have much of an increase in power.

So. . . your trip to Idaho WAS business??? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
1) I think one of the keys is how to tell the computer to manipulate the injection flow. As far as Alky, if everything can be manipulated electronically, then Alky wouldn't/shouldn't be a problem.

2) Because the computer controls many functions, Turbo, Nitrous can all be introduced since the fuel flow can be manipulated electronically without changing any hardware. The key is finding an interface that doesnt require a laptop computer, or a single program box. Something flexible and more real time.

3) You are right about the exhaust. People that buy an aftermarket exhaust will see very little (if any) performance gains without changing the electronic injector flow.

4) Idaho? No new news.

How does this affect us? 43,000 Raptor 660Rs have been sold. If this machine is as popular as I think it will be, all future quads will incorporate similar systems. It will change the way we consider mods. We will all end up being injector flow experts and - have little touch pads on your quads in which we can tap a button, and simply increase injector fuel flow.

Old 10-13-2005, 09:14 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Horsepower and Torque ratings for the Big Boys?

idaho?...NO UDAHO.

GUESS ILL WAIT CAUSE IM STILL LOST....MAYBE ITS OVER MY HEAD