CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

New sand tire to check out

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2005, 01:06 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New sand tire to check out

Not sure where to find these other than the manufacturer, they caught my attention in a DW ad.
achievatires

Look at the SAND GEAR

I hope they make a 22" rear.

Old 11-06-2005, 03:39 AM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

After what my DS did to my brand new Skat Trak Taller Haulers I would avoid these Achivas at all cost. They don't even look constructed nearly as well as the Skat Traks, paddles are very thin, and pretty tall also. DS will eat them alive.
If you need some nice, tall paddles for another bike besides ours, my old ones are in the your garage thread.
Just my 2 cents.

Old 11-06-2005, 11:48 AM
Pro Rider

I have a set of 22" skat trak Haulers 8 paddles. The first time I went out I lost 3 paddles on one tire. I have a feeling that they were dry from storage. I used them again even with the 3 paddles missing and I continued to loose 2 more. I just cant bring myself to buy another set of haulers if they are that easy to trash.

I just thought these new brand looked mean. I really dont think they would perform the way I want though. I like to shoot the hill at the dunes so I actually need the perfect hook like the Haulers do. But at 75 bucks a tire, to just shred.......no way.

Old 11-07-2005, 12:05 AM
Pro Rider

This is my second year on my set of haulers, other than losing air around the bead....no problems with them losing paddles

Old 11-07-2005, 12:57 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BajaX04
Not sure where to find these other than the manufacturer, they caught my attention in a DW ad.
achievatires

Look at the SAND GEAR

I hope they make a 22" rear.
I ran into a guy that had just come back from Glamis with a set of these (20") on a piped, jetted, and airbox modded Suzuki Z400. I hadn't seen or even heard of them before, but he said they hooked up really nice. Now, granted, might be a little different on some of those beasts you guys run, and to be honest, I was surprised he pulled em that good. Looked like way too many paddles for his bike, and the paddles seemed too deep.

Anyway, there's some feedback...

Old 11-07-2005, 01:10 AM
Pro Rider

I think what I am really looking for are people who have used Haulers and have lost paddles. I need to know the life span of them to justify the cash for them. I am not saying that the alternative tire for me are the Achieva sand gears....just thought everyone might want to see them....they look interesting and mean.......but they are too mean. They look like they would hook way too hard. We need the tires to have slippage to keep the engine in the right rpm range.

I know ALOT of riders run haulers......so what is typical wear?? Paddles ripping off??

Or was this from my haulers sitting in storage (dry rot) for 3 years?

Old 11-07-2005, 05:01 AM
Pro Rider

I am currious to see of all those people that have had the paddles rip off, where they plain haulers or where they the Extremes?

Old 11-07-2005, 09:23 AM
Pro Rider

The only paddles I've seen rip off or break are the Taller haulers. I've had a set for 3 years and they still hook u great. Don't have the blade height of they did new but still a great and functional tire. The tires are now on a 686 Raptor and running great.

Old 11-07-2005, 10:21 AM
Pro Rider

They are regular Haulers.

Old 11-07-2005, 10:33 AM
Pro Rider

I've yet to see that happen. Anything is possible. Are they that old? If not then maybe give scat-trak a call and they may be able to help you out. Longshot I know but maybe worth a try. They could have had a bad batch of adheisves.

Quick Reply: New sand tire to check out