CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Dirtwheels Mag- GGGRRRRRRR!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 09:51 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dirtwheels Mag- GGGRRRRRRR!!!!!

Tell me something, is Dirtwheels mag owned by Polaris or what? First I read that the Polaris 800 is better in the comparison than the new Bomb 800 than as you read, they only talk about the Polaris. than you read the article on the new Polaris Hawkeye and it sounds like an article Polaris would release themselves. Its sick........ OORRRR is it that Dirtwheels leans towards american made atv's instead of foreign companies like Bomb in canada?

Old 11-08-2005, 09:54 PM
Pro Rider

All the rags lean towards the money. You pay them enough and they will say what ever you tell them to say.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 11-09-2005, 11:20 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by: Eaglecollector
All the rags lean towards the money. You pay them enough and they will say what ever you tell them to say.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
I just don't believe that statement. You could easily do a search and probably find 50 threads of Polaris owners upset that there machine was slammed in the latest DW shootout. I am not a big fan of Polaris, but they have been on a role lately with the current generation of Sportsmen and the improvements made the last few years on the Pred.

Old 11-09-2005, 11:35 AM
Pro Rider

They use to bash on polaris hard, they seem to have had a change of hart latley. All I can tell you that from first hand owner experince of both machines. Is that they really just over exagerated the polaris pro's and underplayed the Bomb's and the vise versa on the con's. The Outy is by far IMO the better machine. The SP800 is not a bad machine at all, I just think its out of it leage when compared to the Outy. I know Bomb has a better CVT and EBC than Polaris, Tons more power, and the Front rack storage was not that great on the Polaris to make me thinnk it the better machine. The double latches they use were always a pain to get released and relatched and the compartment was very shallow. I can get everthing I caried in the front of my Polaris in my storage areas on my Outy just fine, and if I couldn't I would just buy a cargo box for it.

FYI, There sister publication ATV action that came out 2 weeks later really sang the Outy's praises, It's hard to believe there from the same publisher.

Old 11-09-2005, 12:26 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by: cc1999

FYI, There sister publication ATV action that came out 2 weeks later really sang the Outy's praises, It's hard to believe there from the same publisher.
It really depends on where the dollar's are flowing that week. You can almost see a pattern in dirtbike mags.

Old 11-09-2005, 04:32 PM
Pro Rider

whoever has the the most advertising in any mag gets the nod on performance articles. bomb only has one page in that mag. I have seen a yamaha 10 page ad in there before

Old 11-09-2005, 04:52 PM
TPR
The Champ

You are all missing the point...it's Dirty Wheels, the biggest kick-down ****** in the world. I only read the articles on a machine done solo, the comparisons to me are a complete joke.

TPR

Trending Topics

Old 11-09-2005, 05:43 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by: ThePhantomRider
You are all missing the point...it's Dirty Wheels, the biggest kick-down ****** in the world. I only read the articles on a machine done solo, the comparisons to me are a complete joke.

TPR
Even in some of thier there solo articles, they make it sound like it is going ot be such a close shootout. And then shoot out time comes, and one machine is clearly praised over the other.

Old 11-09-2005, 06:14 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All about money......all about money. More ads in dirtwheels, the better they will talk about you. If they bashed the ones who spent the most on their ads, the manufactures would not place ads anymore. Simple marketing.

Old 11-09-2005, 06:25 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Scooter86
Originally posted by: Eaglecollector
I just don't believe that statement.
LOL! You can't be serious? You are way to trusting if you are.
Magazines only exist to make money. The articles/shootouts are mere fillers for the surrounding ads.
That is inside truth.

Quick Reply: Dirtwheels Mag- GGGRRRRRRR!!!!!