CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

nitromethane more HP ??

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 08:02 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nitromethane more HP ??

would the alky kit that ron woods has for the tm45 be big enough jetting for the 1 Q to 5 gal of alky

Old 11-10-2005, 08:16 PM
Pro Rider

Old 11-10-2005, 08:47 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Yall keep talking about how easy it is to run the nitro, then I might just go ahead and throw some on my ole bolt on bike weekend after this one at the River....be a good excuse to build the motor right...from the bottom up...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 11-10-2005, 08:58 PM
Pro Rider

LOL, WoW!!!!! This thread is the blind leading the blind...................[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 11-10-2005, 10:16 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: enFORCER
LOL, WoW!!!!! This thread is the blind leading the blind...................[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
my quads faster than yours!

Old 11-10-2005, 10:27 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: derbyking
i know of a ktm525 on 100% with no problems,also sevral other 100% bike motors.there will be a 686 raptor motor on 100% by next spring it will be in a bike chassis though,although one may show up in a ridgid chassis as well.a certain group of guys have seemed to figure the nitro thing out.it can be done.
the sparks built nitro 450 ran up to 40% and started burning plugs.
LMAO!!!!!!!!! Bah ahhahaahahah derbyking, I never said I was an expert....
But by reading the above statement, it is very clear that you have no clue.........

Old 11-10-2005, 10:38 PM
Pro Rider

righty tighty lefty losey[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 11-11-2005, 12:04 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!

55years according to my guzunta's it's 5%.

"100% with no problems" Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha............................X100000000000

55years, 5% is not that much. Well it is, but not in the racing game. In the jetting game it is quite a bit. But then again you can run almost 50% over on jetting with alky without hurting power. The only problem with nitro is the burn rate. It burns about as fast as a turtle. When/if you start to play with this stuff you better have a way to jack up the ign timing..............a bunch!!!
One guy around here that was racing go-carts was dumping it in his crank case oil; the cheatin bass-tird; won a bunch of races. It would fume up through the breather and pop, pop, pop, cackle, cackle, cackle, C-ya. Never did show up in the fuel check!!!!!! Ha ha ha ha......

BTW, never do this, it's very hard on the bearings.

BTW,BTW, I think it was Shotgun that made some sort of injection system for nitro. I thought of that idea also. Never did it though. You might PM him or he might get in on this deal and give you some ideas?

Old 11-11-2005, 04:04 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 55years
would the alky kit that ron woods has for the tm45 be big enough jetting for the 1 Q to 5 gal of alky

Nitro should be used for DRAG RACING only!! It s not something you want to mix in our tank,and trail-ride with,or casually race with. Nitro biulds alot of heat,and if your not jetted "safe" you can hurt the engine.

The only way I ever got a TM45 to perform decent with nitro was to drill out my Main-jet as big as I could, then I also drilled out my needle tube so I would have no restrictions inside thier also. Ofcorse this was putting ALOT of alky into the Motor,, but when I leaned the alky down with the nitro it ran gooood. BUT it was only good for 300ft max, cause the carb bowl would suck dry. Thats another reason why I went with the dual 39's(more fuel). Of corse having your carb set-up like this is only good for drag racing anyway.

Bigger.

Old 11-11-2005, 08:26 PM
Pro Rider

Quick Reply: nitromethane more HP ??