CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

nitromethane more HP ??

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2005, 10:16 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nitromethane more HP ??

Originally posted by: Oldmanracing
How much ignition timing are you running to burn 96-98%?
How did you modify the ignition to get a hotter spark?
A few more facts instead of words would turn this into good information instead of a bragging
hard to believe theme.

Old 12-28-2005, 12:23 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Call it like you see it. Then back it up with the facts and thought processes that brought you to that conclusion. If the other guy's claims are worthy of ridicule, tell us why so we can all know.

BTW you over estimate yourself if you think I would give you the power to offend me.

Ron[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-28-2005, 12:30 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: enFORCER
Oh calm down Ron, LOL..... I don't no why you are so offended???? I'm just calling um like I see um. I am very amused by this thread. I can only hope the comedy continues!!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Wow, are we "stirring the pot" again... LMAO

Old 12-28-2005, 12:31 PM
Pro Rider

BTW, how wrong is LMAO....No matter how much I do it, I look back there and it is still hanging around [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 12-28-2005, 12:35 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Derbyking,

More info please. How are you adding additional ignition advance and how much do you think you are running? I didn't see any additional reinforcement on the motor in your pics. I didn't realize a Raptor motor was tough enough for that kind of fuel setup.

What I would like to know is how you are running enough Nitromethane to the combustion chamber. Doesn't Nitromethane require approx 1/1 fuel air mix at 100%?

Ron

I just noticed your post about the ignitions and injection systems so part of my question was redundant. I would like to know how much advance you guys are running on those motors though (ballpark). You must have a main fuel line the size of a garden hose.

Old 12-28-2005, 02:01 PM
Pro Rider

Well Ron, all I see in this thread is someone who makes claims with NO real facts to back it up...This thread is 2 pages long and still has no information in it. That is unless you think someone telling you they run 100% nitro with "NO PROBLEMS" and " I'll just leave it at that" Oh yeah right real good info!!!!!
But hey, believe what you want......

Old 12-28-2005, 02:43 PM
Pro Rider

if i gave out set up info any one could do it....its really not as hard as some think.i got my info from another source that has run nitro for years....the timing has no advance[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] you set it and leave it.
i could give too ***** what anyone thinks...im not trying to SELL ANYTHING.this motor isnt even going in a quad!
we do however plan on building a spare motor and 1 more full motor for a atv,but this motor along with several other projects has to be done first.the NAHA has used nitro for years.the only reason no ones seen it in atv drag racing is no one has had the ***** to do it!

personly i think a ds motor would be a better canidate and could even be taken to the next level without alot of extra fabricating

and enforcer.......your the one that said it couldnt be done.....do a search on naha and find out how smart you really are!

Old 12-28-2005, 03:33 PM
Pro Rider

Nitro is a very slow burning fuel. Has the percentage of nitro goes up the ignition advance has to be advanced to very high extremes.
Up to 85% is within a good tuners control.
85 to 90% - Computers and got your act together.
90 to 93% - Having just everything running perfect.
94 and up - Master guru and burning down a motor each round.

Timing advance up to 55 to 60 degree's up to 93%.
Beyond 93% requires very ellaborate ignitions, timing out of this world, top fuel injection system and a weather station system.

When people state they run 96-98% nitro like it is easy to do, better have facts on how they do it or they are just trying to pull the wool over everyone's eyes.

Old 12-28-2005, 05:18 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Thanks for the specifics OMR.

Old 12-28-2005, 06:54 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Oldmanracing
Nitro is a very slow burning fuel.

Timing advance up to 55 to 60 degree's up to 93%.
Beyond 93% requires very ellaborate ignitions, timing out of this world, top fuel injection system and a weather station system.
Might want to add forced induction to that list as well....

Quick Reply: nitromethane more HP ??