CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

disapointing dyno run

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2005, 11:29 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default disapointing dyno run

finally got my bike back together after a major malfunction[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Missed having it for sandfest as promised[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]nearly didn't make the Genoa jamboree, Ran like crap. Found it was some carb problems, fixed those, still didn't feel right. Ran it on gas it didn't seem as snappy as it did, put it back on alky took it to the dyno that I used in July before the break. Everything was set the same, carb was at the settings of the builder. Dynod it, found I'd lost 5 hp[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] not very happy to say the least. It was running so bad we hooked up the air fuel just to check. Mid range was almost 8-1 main jet 7-1. Way too lean!! Realized when they set it in Oct the choke was not disengaging, thus the settings were way off with the choke off. Whether this is enough to make up that 5 horse loss I don't know, I'm doubtful. He told me when he was done it would be a "noticeable difference" I assumed for the better. I was wrong[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Just richened the neddle 2 clips, went one richer on the main, I'll take it out tomorrow and see if its better.

Old 11-11-2005, 11:58 PM
Pro Rider - Oldham Racing
BUILDS THE FASTEST DS's ON THE PLANET!

Want a hot DS, or maybe one of the fastest DS's on the planet? This is the man to contact!

Just use a dyno that shows more hp, that's how you make the big numbers.LOL

Old 11-12-2005, 12:01 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Crazy, Im sorry to hear that you were disappointed by the dyno run. But, as we all know its nothing but a tuning tool anyway. I hope you are satisfied with the overall performance.

Old 11-12-2005, 12:10 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: MisterHP
I wasn't looking for big numbers, the same numbers would have suited me just fine.

Old 11-12-2005, 12:12 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: choosetolose04
Crazy, Im sorry to hear that you were disappointed by the dyno run. But, as we all know its nothing but a tuning tool anyway. I hope you are satisfied with the overall performance.
The performance seemed down, thats why I took it to the same dyno I have always used for a more accurate comparison of before and after.

Old 11-12-2005, 12:24 AM
H
Pro Rider

How do you know it still didn't make big numbers? A 72 hp bike down to 67 is still a 5hp loss and a disapointment[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-12-2005, 12:43 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: crazypainter
Originally posted by: choosetolose04
The performance seemed down, thats why I took it to the same dyno I have always used for a more accurate comparison of before and after.

You did the right thing by going back to the same dyno. Sometimes it takes more than one dyno run to get it rite. If it was easy then women & children would be doing this. But if your builder and or tuner can't get you spot on soon I would look for help from others. If you can find a tuner as good as your paint jobs you will be in good shape, your paint jobs are top notch!

Old 11-12-2005, 12:25 PM
Pro Rider

LMAO! good one[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

sorry to hear about the loss, we know what not to do next time tho!

Old 11-12-2005, 01:12 PM
Pro Rider

Went and talked to the builder today, he can't imagine that the power loss is anything other than jetting, so this Tuesday we're gonna dyno the crap out of her and see what we come up with. Might even try some different cams. Will post results.

Old 11-12-2005, 01:26 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Sounds good. I hope you can get that power back and maybe a little more. Keep us posted. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: disapointing dyno run