CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

East meets West - Dumont or bust

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2005, 01:05 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default East meets West - Dumont or bust

Got back from Dumont a couple of hours ago and I'm happy to report that everyone in my camp made it home safe and without incident.
Met up with Entomber and Jack, met a couple more brothers out there and had a great day. Hope that Entomber and Jack enjoyed our little sand box, and I hope that thier shorts weren't that stained on the trip home. If eyes could talk, I think Dave and Larry would have been $#^&*(@##!$ up a storm. Tried to take them on some of the easier stuff and I think that Dave would have really started to get the hang of it on a real bike. He got strattled with a stock 400ex. Needless to say, that it's about 10x's different from what he's used to riding. While we didn't go crazy out there, I'm sure that the pucker factor was at about a 10 for the east coasters at times.

I had 4 emails waiting for me when I got home asking me how the HPR730 did. Well I'm very happy to report that the monster did VERY well. So well in fact that my big **** was one of the faster strokes on the hill. I did lose to Al, who was riding one of the fastest piped YFZ's I have EVER SEEN, but then had to hit the juice and got the W.

Raced a very fast YFZ with cams, intake, exhaust being piloted by a 160lb fella. Every time we raced, he got me out of the hole and as I was catching him, he'd turn off by mid hill. So after about 3 races of the same crap I pulled beside him at the bottom of the hill. I asked him why he kept turning off and not racing to the top. I said that I didn't have a chance to catch him. He gave me REAL attitude and made a joke to his friends.... I didn't get up cause that would have sent us down a bad path, but I let them laugh and then we lined up. Honestly I was coming out of the hole real hard but decided to let it hang out. By the time we got past the whoops we were dead even and I hit the juice. pulled him by 3 quad lengths immediately and he pulled off and motioned to me to come down and run again. Of course now, I'm kind of jazzed, and finally started breathing again. Lined up again, and I spray just after I came out of the hole, held up in the whoops and started spraying again. by half hill I was about 6 lengths in front of him and looking back. He slammed his fist on his tank and pulled off.

I got back down to the staging area and he started walking over, asking me if I was "squeezing the juice". I stood up this time and said "you bet". He looked up at me and the first words out of his mouth were (and this is the truth), "oh my God" and then took a step back. I told him that I was 6'10" - 310lbs and that the juice was just the equalizer. I put my buddy Bill on my bike who was 30 pounds heavier than him and he got the yamy by about 8 lengths with no juice. Now the guys are pissed and brough over there hyped up TRX450. Cam'd, piston, intake, swing arm etc. etc. My buddy was even with him and squeeked it out at the top. Now we let him run the juice and even though he didn't hit it until half hill, he beat him by about 10 lenths. The two of them left and never came back.

got to love when the jerks get stuffed.

Good meeting everyone out there and I hope for more beautiful days - weather was absolutely outstanding.

Send those pics Dave. Hope you had a good trip.

BigDaddy - out!

Old 11-13-2005, 01:12 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Goood Job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-13-2005, 11:24 AM
Pro Rider

Sounds like a real good time. Wish I could have seen that. I didn't get my tie rods until 5:30 last night. Bad part is I ordered the wrong ones[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I ordered the +2 wider instead of the +1 wider. Age sux....anyway The folks over at QuadPartsGuy on ebay that I buy my ASR stuff from said to give them a call on monday and they will exchange them no problem. Cool outfit to say the least.
Did Etomber and friend get to rid your beast?
See ya on turkey day. I don't have the juice but that won't stop me from trying[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-13-2005, 12:27 PM
Pro Rider

Was taht a white YFZ and a red 450R?

If so, I raced those guys, the guy on the R was kinda cool but the YFZ guy when he realized he was beat would start doing wheelies.

Good to see you guys again and to meet Entomber.

Old 11-13-2005, 12:28 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Great story - wish I coulda been there. Hearing stories of idiots getting what they deserve - nothing better. Not to mention you are a much bigger guy, on a much bigger bike and you still spanked him, I bet he feels pretty small right now. I wonder if he is going to sell his 450 after that devastating loss? To this guy, he probably equates the DS to a Pinto, and the 450 to a Corvette - not quite the case, but in the very limited mind of a person like that, anything is possible.

Old 11-13-2005, 01:11 PM
Pro Rider

Yea, entomber rode the sled and I think he liked it quite a bit.

Vegas650, those were exactly the guys, and yes the guy on the YFZ was the idiot. But like I said, he wanted to be best friends after he got it handed to him. The guy on the TRX was a much nicer guy and took it like a man.

I'm sure that Dave (Entomber) will comment when he gets back, but I think he was fairly impressed.

Thanks for giving me the hill that day Mario.

Vegas650, which bike were you? If it's the bike in your photos... I don't even think that I saw you. Or is this AL? I am horrible at Names. Throw in a couple of screen names and I'm all but done!

Old 11-13-2005, 01:36 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

Good job Mike! I bet it was nice out there. I wish My bike could have been there.

Old 11-13-2005, 02:04 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I'm getting all worked up just reading this. . . hate ****-ant sore losers.

I'll see you guys in about 10-days!

I'll be looking for those bottles. . . I can't hang with you guys on the juice.

Old 11-13-2005, 02:23 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BigDaddy331

Vegas650, which bike were you? If it's the bike in your photos... I don't even think that I saw you. Or is this AL? I am horrible at Names. Throw in a couple of screen names and I'm all but done!

Yes, this is Al the former Sandpig.

Guess I'll now become the fast guy on the borrowed quad.

Old 11-13-2005, 03:32 PM
Pro Rider

Same magic must of been sprinkled over that bike that was sprinkled on Mario's new motor.

Good seeing ya, and hope to see you at there again. I'm going on Thanksgiving (Friday am), and staying until Sunday Morning. You going?

Quick Reply: East meets West - Dumont or bust