CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

JE 720 components?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 11:13 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JE 720 components?

Originally posted by: amd
Annihilater you went back to stock bore? What happened to the 720 besides head gaskets?. What piston are you running in it now? You still sprayin it also.

amd- I blew the crank through the right side case, it snapped flush with the motor and the magneto tried to launch out.lol

I bought biggersbetters stock bore stage 2.5 motor and put the carb pipe combo that I liked the best on and she revs like a 2 stroke with much torq..
This stock bore is putting out great power. Whatever they did to this motor i am impressed. I havnt ran the juice through it because the timing is too far advanced, I should be running alky but I might retard the timing and run a small shot of juice. 15-20 shot w/ the boondockers manifold and micro switch on the throttle.

In my pic page pic #2 is my new stock bore set up. Still under construction with more light stuff comming.....

Old 11-30-2005, 11:34 PM
amd
Pro Rider

OH thats not good...lol

But I have seen biggers bike run when it was on alky and it runs! You got yourself a good motor there. BUT SPRAY THAT THING!!!!!!IM sure that motor makes 70+ horse on alky. I could see it making close to 100 with at good tune on the spray!

Bike looks good in that pic, did you change the swingarm?

Old 11-30-2005, 11:36 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ANNIHILATER
Originally posted by: amd
Annihilater you went back to stock bore? What happened to the 720 besides head gaskets?. What piston are you running in it now? You still sprayin it also.

amd- I blew the crank through the right side case, it snapped flush with the motor and the magneto tried to launch out.lol

I bought biggersbetters stock bore stage 2.5 motor and put the carb pipe combo that I liked the best on and she revs like a 2 stroke with much torq..
This stock bore is putting out great power. Whatever they did to this motor i am impressed. I havnt ran the juice through it because the timing is too far advanced, I should be running alky but I might retard the timing and run a small shot of juice. 15-20 shot w/ the boondockers manifold and micro switch on the throttle.

In my pic page pic #2 is my new stock bore set up. Still under construction with more light stuff comming.....

Mario why the switch to boondockers? What do you like & dislike about the system your were running before? What do you like about the boonbockers system?

Old 11-30-2005, 11:45 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Bunian

How does the RWR stuff compare to HPR? Quality, performance? The dyno comparison is not up yet on the HPR site.

Sorry about all of the questions, but I haven't really found the answers in my searches.
HPR is the ds performance market evolved, and evolving.
-If you take a stage3 RWR (piston, cams,portwork,valves,ported intake,carb.....) 55-57rwhp
-take HPR mine is what Eric built for a trail motor : (piston, cams,portwork,valves,ported intake,carb.....) same stuff as RWR minus mine runs stock pipe w/endcap, where RWR runs full exhaust. Mine made 65 running 10.5:1 air/fuel (could have 2-3 more with better tuning)
So around 10 rwhp on similar setup.

As far a quality, top notch from both

As far as service, from my experience hard to beat Randall and Eric. Although the coule of time I have delt with RWR they were super also.

Later
Justin

Old 12-01-2005, 12:08 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

amd- Thanks, the quality of the pic sucks.....And yes I put on a new swingarm.

Countryjoe- After bigdaddy put on his boondockers, He said it hit harder and most importantly could be dialed in with the manometer to fine tune. Also he said he got more passes out of the bottle (maybe he'll chime in about that).. I may just run the wet system with a smaller shot. I dont like the button to spray anymore. It takes away from concentrating on shift points..IMO- From what I saw this weekend the micro switch throttle engagement Just flat out makes more sence for what my pilot needs. I dont want my pilot to spray and accidently not have it wide open.

I am running gas and a power adder that I added to the gas, Between the fuel combo I blended up and the rear suspension FINALLY dialed in, my bike gained 5-6 lengths on a short hill.

I may send my lectron off and get it set up for alky and run some nitro. I just need to make up my mind. One thing for sure is that the stock rear axle on the DS is the root of all evil for drag racing. I cannot believe how heavy it is. Its a killer on revving and on clutches. If I ever get a stock ds again the first thing im going to do is get the alum rear non gunn drilled axle.jmo

Old 12-01-2005, 12:22 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the info Mario, thats what I was looking for. That new swingarm that your running looks to be half the weight of the old aluminum swingarm.

Sorry Bunian I didn't mean to hijack your thread.

Old 12-01-2005, 12:28 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

JDbusa- I think it comes down to the motor combo. I would go out on a limb and say that this stage 2 I have makes around 64-65 hp on all motor. Ds mike and Kyle went out in the field and tried all different kind of cam and timing and compression combos on this motor till they saw a increase in the field literally. I am going to dyno my bike next to bigdaddys hpr 730 and we are going to try different pipes and combos here real soon, So ill have some #s soon.

Old 12-01-2005, 12:37 AM
Pro Rider

Mario you need to try that bad boy out on alky. You will see more gains that Kyle had with that motor. I think it will really scream for sure.

Old 12-01-2005, 12:49 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ANNIHILATER
JDbusa- I think it comes down to the motor combo. I would go out on a limb and say that this stage 2 I have makes around 64-65 hp on all motor. Ds mike and Kyle went out in the field and tried all different kind of cam and timing and compression combos on this motor till they saw a increase in the field literally. I am going to dyno my bike next to bigdaddys hpr 730 and we are going to try different pipes and combos here real soon, So ill have some #s soon.
Thats cool, I was mainly just stating mine is a very mild trail setup making more than most of the RWR stage 3s I have seen posted. The main differences in mine and the stage3 setups is like I said, mine still has the stock pipe, and runs the airbox, and mild trail cams vs race cams per RWR.
Are you still running the drag pipe? Either way your is doing pretty dang good. I just ordered a HPR ugly stick for mine today. Hopefully I can have some numbers on the gains from end cap to drag pipe. I know the thing wants to breathe more.
Later
Justin

Old 12-01-2005, 12:49 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Thanks Joe, I think ill take your advise. I got 5 gallons of nitro sitting in the garage just in case I need to go that route. Im running so much gas though this engine, Its going through it like alky. Runs nice and cool too. But Im gonna test around here for a while. I want to run it in the stock bore class mlk weekend once shes finally done on a major diet. In that class ill need to run gas. Hopefully an oxygenated fuel will be allowed.

JD I here ya, The ugly stick will make a big difference. Your bike sounds fast as it is.

Yes still running the drag pipe but going to test a in frame drag pipe I made (one off) and see how she does against the ugly stik. Might not do better but just to see the curve.

Quick Reply: JE 720 components?