CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Just Dynoed Stock Bore on Alky!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2005, 11:46 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just Dynoed Stock Bore on Alky!!!

dsmike bike made 80+hp
it still had almost 80 at 12,500 rpm's

Old 12-31-2005, 12:19 PM
Pro Rider

80hp at 12.5?????? No offense, but I'd like to see that as well. Do Banshees even make power that high? I'm not arguing... I really don't know.

One thing I don't get. Help me out if you guys can. I seem to be missing something here.

The bike that was dyno'd on Nitro, was a 14:1 motor with a full race head and race cams. An obviously built carb and it made 3.5 hp more than mine with a trail head and trail cams. Choose was ******* my motor and touts this one? Why you doggin me choose, when my motor after a good tuning would probably make the same power? Seems to me that to make the 3.5hp more, the motor is set to KILL. What would this motor make on pump gas? I think that it's awsome, I just don't understand why I got dogged so bad. My timing isn't even bumped.

Am I missing something? Again, not to discredit what DSNUT is doing, he's a standup guy and obviously a serious racer. I just don't understand all the negativity towards my numbers with a motor set no where near kill. What would Mario's motor have made without putting nitro propane in the tank? Maybe straight fuel on a race head and cams would have made less. What will the big bore - trail motor do with a race head, nitro, drag cams and a drag pipe? I bet quite a bit more than 60hp and 50ftlbs of torque.

Don't take any offese Choose, but I'm still in therapy due to Mario's dyno post. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Help me understand the negativity towards my numbers.

Old 12-31-2005, 12:36 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

Youve got to be kidding me BIG... You saw me put race fuel from your can in my bike. The dyno run was on straight gas you know that. When I dumped in the funny stuff we made 1 pull and took the bike off. The #s went lower due to a lean condition. And our #s are great!! We ran on the lowest # reading dyno in the world. And If you motor would have out dynoed mine im sure it would have been posted. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-31-2005, 12:50 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

BigD- You need to take your medicine.LOL

BTW- Good #s DSNUT, Ill get to the dyno in the next few weeks with alky set up w/ different carburation.. Ill post all the info for ya. Also, It sounds like you run a concervative dyno as well.

Old 12-31-2005, 01:04 PM
amd
Pro Rider

I seen one of DSMikes ds's in little sahara back in March. I beleive it was the yellow one if I remember correctly. It wasnt having a very good day I will say that. I think the same person bought all three bikes didnt they? They were with the family from texes that have about 10 DS's, lol the grandpa I have talked to a few times, real nice people. his one granddaughter puts it on alot of people down there with that black stage 3. I always have fun racing all of them.

Old 12-31-2005, 01:17 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Actually I am not a serious racer. I am a serious duner. The guys that did my race head and installed the HPR components are the owners of this alcohol bike. We are riding buddies.

BigD - my 730 with their race head made 6 more hp than their bike 1000 rpm earlier. I hade a 15+ hp advantage at 3500 rpm because my 730 came on so early. All I have to do is run higher gears so that my tires are turning as fast or faster at 7000 rpm as theirs are at 8000 rpm. They don't have the pickup to run as of high gearing and I will have a power advantage in every gear. That being said, their Chassis is 150 lbs lighter than mine so at the hill I have a problem, but if the chassis were equal weight the DS in my Sig would smoke them. Also, they had to run a 20% mix of nitro with the powerjet turned out 3 turns to match my peak hp and they never matched my torque.

Enjoy your 730. It has its place. I wouldn't trade mine. If my friends read this post they are going to come to my house and disassemble my bike but I couldn't let you have a setback in your therapy![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Ron

Old 12-31-2005, 01:19 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Look at this work of art by MRHP! Studying this dyno chart can give you some insight on modifying motors and any tradeoffs.

http://forums.atvconnection.com/i/Ga...1/DSC00781.JPG

I'd like one of those cylinder heads.

Old 12-31-2005, 01:29 PM
amd
Pro Rider

Yea I will say that, is one of the best curves I have seen for these motors.

Old 12-31-2005, 02:00 PM
Pro Rider

Ninja, I'm not ******* your motor in the slightest. The thing was and is SICK! How did you get that from my post?

My point is simply that my numbers got straight dragged through the mud! Don't say that they didn't. More over, your funny stuff may or may not have hurt or helped, that wasn't my point. Just don't understand how one motor making a certain hp and another making something else can get two completely different comments. Unless, dare I say it, it had more to do with personalities involved than my motor. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Mario, if you think that I would have posted or said anything different if my motor would have produced a higher number, or that I would have acted any different - you don't know me....

I couldln't be more impressed with that stock bore. I HAVE NEVER SAID ANYTHING DIFFERENT. My post wasn't about you, it was about ******* my numbers.

DSNUTs. I LOVE my motor and I'm sure it will only get better. I have a few tricks up my sleave and a few more parts going on.

When I do go back to the dyno, I'll give my numbers to HPR and they can post them if they want. In the end, it really doesn't matter.... my motor is strong and I am EXTREMELY happy with the 11hp gain I made over my stage 2. I'm much happier with the 18hp increase at 6K and the 12ftlbs more of tq I made at 6500. All in all, I say dang good money spent.

I can assure everyone that my therapy sessions are going well and that no pills are needed. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

BD out!

Old 12-31-2005, 02:15 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

This ninja is working on some stuff right now to make the stock bore scream. Lets hit the dyno again, I have some TT sticky tires I have access to. Im all about making us both faster. If you dont know that you dont know me. Why do you think I left that drag tip in the back of your truck.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Just Dynoed Stock Bore on Alky!!!