CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

your lectron setup???

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2006, 06:55 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default your lectron setup???

well i was playing whit the metering rod today and i guess that was it did two turns on it and now it start no problem whitout the choke.

Old 01-02-2006, 07:13 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Which way did you turn it that showed the improvement?

Old 01-02-2006, 07:17 PM
Pro Rider

i screwed it in 2 turn

Old 01-02-2006, 07:23 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

When you rev it up a bit does it suck the fuel to the powerjet right away?

Old 01-02-2006, 07:54 PM
Pro Rider

no it takes a while then it goes up maybe halfway

Old 01-02-2006, 07:58 PM
Pro Rider

dsnut what do you think about half a snorkle,cause thats all the space i have...

Old 01-02-2006, 09:31 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Now that your bike is running, remove your side sparkplug and note the coloring of the end, reinstall it and take the bike out and warm it up good and ride it for awhile doing everything you do when you ride except wide open throttle (wot). You can hit wot briefly while you are testing how responsive it is but don't stay at wot for any amount of time. Come back and remove and check the color of the side sparkplug again. You want it to be heading towards a light brown color. If it was really white or ashen when you checked it initially, it should be starting to darken. If not, richen the metering rod another 1/2 turn by turning it clockwise, then pushing the rod up and turning it so the flat side is facing the motor. Go ride it some more. You should be able to feel in the responsiveness and torqueyness of the motor when it is optimal. It will begin to feel less responsive when you richen the rod too much, turn it back to optimal power and response then ride it for a good ten minutes and check your plug again. The color of the plug will confirm your seat of the pants adjustments. Not white, not black, light brown.

Once you have that dialed in, pull your powerjet out and read the number on the side and let us know what it is. Do you have some spares? You will need to order a few power jet sizes both larger and smaller than the one you pull out of there if you don't have any extra's already. Order them at www.hpresearch.net. They are cheap.

Half snorkel is better than none IMHO. Just make sure the snokel evenly and gradually funnels from the filter to the carb. No irregular shaped snorkels.

Let us know how it goes.

Ron

Old 01-02-2006, 10:14 PM
Pro Rider

well things are looking good i went on the hpresearch web site under tuning and they say that when you have achieved idle then comes the throttle snap adjusment so did that and the bike does the same thing that they say and i quote,
(Best performance is achieved when a puff of black smoke comes out the exhaust on the throttle snap)
didn't do the plug thing yet have to buy new ones,can't really take it out for a spin either to much ice and snow up here even on the roads.

now for the snorkle i bought a new one and cut it in half should do the trick...

still have to finish the porting on the intake,but all in all the diffirence in the throttle response is already there BIG TIME...

can't wait to have it all done.

tanks dsnut.

Old 01-02-2006, 10:30 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Glad to hear it. Lectrons are very flexible. They can trick you by running smoothly even when the jetting is far from optimal. If you have the opportunity to get it dyno tuned, do it. This carb can feel like it is running fine while it is hiding several horsepower in tuning.

Good luck!

Ron

Old 01-02-2006, 10:32 PM
Pro Rider

i'll keep you up to date ron,thanks.