CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

? nitrous ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2006, 05:33 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ? nitrous ?

I raced a guy who had a tm 45 suposedly on a stage 3 rw and the way it was set up was when the throttal was 3/4 open it would start spraying the juice. i thought i nitrous worked best when there is a little bog to the motor. does that system continue to spray as long as the throttal stays over 3/4? Or is it a 3 or 4 second blast? how does it work? I like to be the one in contral of my nitrous that way if i want 2 seconds or whatever im in charge, but at the same time having it inject the nitrous for you thats one less button you have to worry about pushing while shifting while hanging on while making it threw the woops. theres to many things to do already that just seemed to be a nice set up.

Old 01-01-2006, 06:02 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default ? nitrous ?

Yes, they are a very nice setup. As soon as they arm the system then at 3/4 throttle the nitrous is activated. It will spray until you get off the throttle. He was probably not running the boondockers. AS I hear the boondockers works best when the motor is under a load. The other systems usually run at WOT. But the moose thumb throttle that is run with the Lectron has to be modified to accept the feature of engaging at a certain throttle position. Word has it that they are in the process of making a kit that will mount on the throttle to make it much easier. I cant wait until it comes out, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-01-2006, 12:53 PM
amd
Pro Rider
Default ? nitrous ?

You dont want to spray it when the motor is boged down on a wet system it causes detonation. It is diffrent on a dry system. I have mine on a microswitch on the carb to where it comes on a wot and I'll spray it from the time I dump the clutch to the time I let off. You can spray it for as long as you want. I wouldnt want mine on a button, that is to much trouble trying to use the clutch and hittin the button. That is just personal preference though, some like a button.

Old 01-01-2006, 01:26 PM
Pro Rider
Default ? nitrous ?

I got to agree with AMD. I ran nos on sleds for years, activated with a microswitch, much easier.

Old 01-01-2006, 02:18 PM
Pro Rider
Default ? nitrous ?

I've heard there are people working on a new adjustable microswitch nitrous thumb throttle. I know I'm going to be interested in this for myself. From the research I have done, an adjustable microswitch that can engage the nitrous anywhere you want is probably the best setup. The reason why a microswitch is better is because it does take a lot more concentration to keep the button pressed on a handlebar when racing, especially when going through whoops and trails.

Whoever makes one, I want it!

Old 01-01-2006, 06:27 PM
Pro Rider
Default ? nitrous ?

I need to do something ,this thing has more buttons than a space shuttal you almost need a degrea in engineering to make a pass. between the vortex, the kill switch to the sylanoid. switch to turn the fan on and off, from the time you let the hammer drop your trying to gas, trying to shift, trying to nitrous it, trying to hang on and watch for the woops, then if your brave enough take a little look at the temp guage, and in the middle of all this your listening to the motor. I need help.

Old 01-01-2006, 07:04 PM
Pro Rider
Default ? nitrous ?

Iagree thats too much to do so I'll trade you bikes so you don;t have to deal with all that.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-01-2006, 11:28 PM
Pro Rider - Oldham Racing
BUILDS THE FASTEST DS's ON THE PLANET!

Want a hot DS, or maybe one of the fastest DS's on the planet? This is the man to contact!
Default ? nitrous ?

2Big, I have a micro switch setup on my moose that works smooth as butta. E-mail me and I'll send you a pic. I have about $4 in it. It activates at full throttle or 3/4 or where ever you like. Rock on with that space shuttle![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-01-2006, 11:31 PM
Pro Rider
Default ? nitrous ?

well my first question should be how much do you weigh? You dont have to trade me bikes as long as you fall into that jockey weight class. You can drag it all you want but remember what i said last time. Its just like horse racing you do all the work and i take all the glory[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] How can you go wrong with that. When you win you come pat me on the back and tell me what a great job i did. You let me know where i should ship this bike to. better than that im gonna ship you both big bores[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-01-2006, 11:40 PM
Pro Rider
Default ? nitrous ?

misterhp i dont want to see any snickering out of any of you when you see me pull up with my fine rig loaded down with the finest okie injinuity or something like that. Duct tape, zip ties, a couple of toggal switches, cooking thermometer taped to the side of the radiater so i can see how hot shes running, best of all my bad riding gear some flip flops and shorts,. and a tank top. shes not pretty but she likes to run[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: ? nitrous ?