CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

? nitrous ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2006, 11:43 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default ? nitrous ?

2big, check my pics, my micro switch is pictured there. They are cheap, easy to make work, and no need for a special throttle. We have a setup for the moose as well. I copied Erics setup, sorry Eric,lol.

Load the motor with more gear, tires, what haveya, but still run it at 3/4 to full throttle. It will handle less, but why waste your juice.

Old 01-02-2006, 12:00 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ? nitrous ?

Originally posted by: amd
You dont want to spray it when the motor is boged down on a wet system it causes detonation. It is diffrent on a dry system. I have mine on a microswitch on the carb to where it comes on a wot and I'll spray it from the time I dump the clutch to the time I let off. You can spray it for as long as you want. I wouldnt want mine on a button, that is to much trouble trying to use the clutch and hittin the button. That is just personal preference though, some like a button.
I agree 100%!! and what viper said also.

I have ran the button and its "so,so" I was really wanting to do the micro switch, The button just take away from concentrating on the shift points and its just too much be.jmo Even with the twist throttle and the button on the right hand side its still kind of a hassle. The micro switch has to be way more efficient. It just makes more sence to me.. Id have to say you would pick up many lengths over the button. Does anyone speed shift on the juice with the micro switch? Just wondering how that works also as far as over reving.

Old 01-02-2006, 12:01 AM
Pro Rider
Default ? nitrous ?

ive been waiting to see what you had to say about this. so with it set at 3/4 throttal your spraying even in 2nd gear when you launch. I guess im stupid becouse i was not even using this stuff right. I cant imagine how fast it might go if i spray the hole way down the track. shoot man when i got in third i would give it a little maybe 2 second shot, 4th maybe 3 and a half seconds. and in fifth iwould only hit it so it would throw sand all over everywhere that way it looked like i was doing something. maybe i will go out tomorrow and hold down just after i take off and not let up til i hit 5th. or it blows up[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-02-2006, 12:04 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default ? nitrous ?

I'll let you know how well the micro switch works on my 300lb dragster with 12-paddle haulers launching in 2nd gear and spraying all the way through the 300' mark, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-02-2006, 12:20 AM
amd
Pro Rider
Default ? nitrous ?

Annhilater I used to power shift mine on the bottle when I was only spraying a 15 shot. When I bumped it up I started letting off when I shifted. Hitting the rev limiter on the bottle can be hard on things.

2big, You will like it alot more if you start spraying it from launch till you let off. I dont see the point in using n20 if you dont use it to launch...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Nothing like that violentness from a hard hitting system at a dead stop.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-02-2006, 12:31 AM
Pro Rider
Default ? nitrous ?

I guess i should tell you all the real reason why i need that micro switch. My leg is getting tired of holding the nitrous bottle inside my backpack up against the hill guard plus i thought i might want to eat a candy bar or something during one of my runs. Thats one of the reasons i keep my big tractor looking fenders.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-02-2006, 12:49 AM
Pro Rider
Default ? nitrous ?

Just so you guys know, I've got a twist on my EX, and a push button nitrous. Its nothing that cant be overcome, however, when you are concentrating on the vortex curves, pushing the button, twisting the throttle and eating a candy bar, while going through a set of whoops in the fog .... well, need I say more? Anybody can add a micro switch anywhere (at the carb or throttle). Some of you guys can make a micro switch work really well, the best ones I've seen are hidden away near the carb. There are other ways to make them work. I personally would love to see someone come up with more options that would be a bit more pleasing to the eye. As always, more options are better. For some, the $20 option is a great way to go. For some of the show quads, perhaps it would be nice to have at least another option. JM2cents

Old 01-02-2006, 01:10 AM
Pro Rider
Default ? nitrous ?

Exactly!

Old 01-02-2006, 03:24 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!
Default ? nitrous ?

Another option that we did with a race car was an RPM switch. You can get one from Summit for about 50 bones. They work great and can really help with loose track conditions. You can also gang switches, like put a micro on the clutch to kill off the juice when you shift.
A millon ways to do it, and some work out really nice.

Old 01-02-2006, 10:15 AM
Pro Rider
Default ? nitrous ?

I dont care what it looks like as long as it works good. I have so many zip ties and plumbers tape on mine theres nothing out there that could hurt her looks anymore.My wife wants one of you guys out there to make me a couple of snorkal/airfilter brackets. She said my plumbers tape bracket is just to much. I think its the funniest thing when you beet someone and then they want to take a look at your bike. My wife gets so embarrased when i show them my fancy handywork.

Quick Reply: ? nitrous ?