CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Lightweight parts

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2006, 07:10 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lightweight parts

Since Scatterbrain brought up light weight parts for his dunner in another thread, I am curious how much we can really do to lighten up our dunners. I ride mine hard in the dunes. Tight turns, ruff trails, and the bigger the jump the better. What can be lightened up without sacrificing integrity too much???

Old 01-04-2006, 11:06 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

A-arms, shocks, swingarm, and axle are good starts. Sprockets and chain aswell.

Old 01-04-2006, 11:53 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

It would take too long to type it all, so call me sometime and we will go over all the right spots to start jenny craig and still be able to dune hard!!!!

Old 01-05-2006, 12:49 AM
Pro Rider

this is the same stuff i want to know. Choose helped me out a lot but im still looking for more ideas.

Phil

Old 01-05-2006, 01:34 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

OK [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] THis is from mild to mad!!! Lets start with 520 ti moly chain and sprockets, light hubs, rims and tires. Then move to shocks and swingarm. Aluminum upper arm from the 04, alum grab bar and front bumper. I will be R&Ding the new c-moly light weight a arms next week that will be able to fit ds spindles or shee spindles for more savings. After touching and feeling I think they will do the job but will be tested in the glamis whoops!!! My ds will be sporting a lighter c-moly rear sub frame without battery mount, new alum fuel tank, oil tank and radiator for the all out drag racer. Axle will be the next choice according to how u want to jump the bike cuz if you bottom out aluminum you will bend the axle. I will be running a carbon fibre next week so I will post how it works and if it will work for jumping in the future. A c-moly stem will be offered for the ds soon also that will be 2 inches longer than stock. Front brake removal for drag racing only but will save major weight . The new alum axle will come with a small rotor to shave more rotating mass for drag racers. A 2" hole saw will do wonders to the bottom of your seat and still work for a 200 lb ars LOL After next week we will weight the frame and find out how much was saved with the grinder on the frame. OH I almost forgot the Ti bolt package that will also shed a few pounds but spendy for the savings. I hope to have the weight around 300 to 315 ready to race next week but I might be saying a few &*%$* saturday when this thing goes back together and the scale is not good to me!!! I will let you guys know[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-05-2006, 01:51 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Bomber should have all of this covered with his post. I really appreciate his contribution to the DS community. This is so awesome for the guys that are still running the stock chassis. Light, Light, Light. Thanks Bomber. Your the man. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-05-2006, 02:38 AM
Pro Rider

Bomber, that is good to know. We will deffinetly be talking about those things in the future. I am going one piece at a time here so it is a process....Of course I can shave close to 100lbs just my losing some of my ****...Wish that 2" hole saw worked that way to [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-05-2006, 06:20 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DragonDJ11
Bomber, that is good to know. We will deffinetly be talking about those things in the future. I am going one piece at a time here so it is a process....Of course I can shave close to 100lbs just my losing some of my ****...Wish that 2" hole saw worked that way to [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Dont we all!!
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-05-2006, 07:42 PM
Pro Rider

Dont we all!!
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][/quote]

ya me to!! im 800 lbs rolling with me on her [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 01-05-2006, 07:50 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: bigbird650
Dont we all!!
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
ya me to!! im 800 lbs rolling with me on her [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][/quote]

Now we are talking rolling mass!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Lightweight parts