CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Results from MLK!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2006, 03:20 PM
Pro Rider - Oldham Racing
BUILDS THE FASTEST DS's ON THE PLANET!

Want a hot DS, or maybe one of the fastest DS's on the planet? This is the man to contact!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Results from MLK!!!

I'm sorry I disrespected you by not calling you after FSW. If thats the case then I have disrespected many people who were there. In my defense I was more interested in spending time with my wife and two children whom I had not seen in five days.

Randall tuned on your bikes alot of the day friday and saturday while the "pretty chrome bikes with cut fenders" waited. Me and him made multiple runs up the hill and made suggestions to you on how they could go even faster. We gained several mph with your new bike and had it beating the nos bike at the end of the day on sat. Not sure what your expectations are from us but we did all we could do with the very limited time that we had. If you are unhappy with our effort then so be it.

Old 01-30-2006, 04:38 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

it means more to a guy when you show that you've gone out of your way to check up on him. A lot of these guys look up to hpr and in a lot of cases your a mentor. So making a phone call now and then to check up on them makes a big difference in how they view their worth to you.

a good example is my phone bill. ive had my new cell phone for two months or so (use it for free nation wide) and ive already logged 1552 dialed calls for 102hrs of talk time and my received is 534 calls and 44hrs. Kind of a stupid comparison, but it does make the guys feel better when you go out of your way. they know your busy, which makes them appreciate it more.

Old 01-30-2006, 04:41 PM
Pro Rider

2Big, now that you mention it the HPR guys did not work on my 730 either. I too have spent $$$$ and not one phone call from them. It also must be due to my lack of chrome and lack of toyhauler. I guess now I should terminate my HPR sponsorship and burn my 730 since it is no fun to ride anyways.

All joking aside, I went to glamis to have fun and watch some great racing... it sounds like you had other intentions. The HPR guys came to glamis to win the races, it would seem obvious that they would focus the majority of their attention on the quads that were planning on racing. The fact that the HPR guys worked on any of the non race quads is beyond what I would expect from any builder.

I must of missed the part where "everyone" laughed at Ray for his TVI failure. I know I felt horrible for Ray, all that money spent and he is left with a pile of crap and to top it off Gary just left him hanging. I think Ray realized that if Gary can't get his flagship race 800/turbo/nos monorail to run right, he is defenetly not going to get one of his customers 720/turbo to run right. I also like to point out that Ray was right there helping the HPR guys with Glens quad all night/morning long.

As far as no one caring that you left, I believe it was Vic that first noticed you were gone and said something. We all in Glen's trailer expressed our concern and thought it was odd that you left without telling anyone. Randall and I talked about how he got your drag pipe quad to be even with your nos quad.

Old 01-30-2006, 05:19 PM
Pro Rider

I did not go down there expecting a thing from anyone. i took the bikes down there in case you guys needed back up bikes to run, plus see who i was spending my money with, try being gone 8 weekends in a row. Chrismas eve, and so many other times. as far as working on the bikes, im a pig headed sob that tries not to ask for help after 3 hours of holding a flashlight trying to get a drag pipe mounted i broke down and ask hard1 not knowing who he was at the time to see where i was going wrong. i have thanked him many of times also for helping me til 130 in the morning. and then at 600 or what ever time itwas coming rite back over that next morning to see what all needed to be done. my concern is after i got back, i dont care who i blasted my personal email got sent evidently threw out the united states to evryone or almost everyone on this bomb forum. i recieve 10 to 20 emails every day about this and that im just fed up with it. im a big boy and i have never hid or ran from anything and i have been known to stand up for those who are out numbered and are afraid to stand up for themselves, or dont know whats going on behind there backs. i have taken care of myself and many others for years and have never ask for help. i know that this forum is about helping each other out and stuff, but lets be real, when it comes down to it the racing and competition seems to bring out the bad side of people. As far as spending time with your family i understand that, but til this day i still have not heard from you. noone made me purchase my first 730 from you, i did it to try you guys out, the bike ran good and hard so i built another with you guys even after the valve guide problems i had. accidents happen. every little bit of work that you guys have done for me i had you charge me for it, installing the rings on the pistons, do whatever you do to the rings so i could use nitrous the instalation of the valves before you sent it back out, i have never ask for a dicount or a free part for my bike or anything. how stupid do you think i felt after paying to have the motor put together and then have it last 5 hours. i never once ask for any compensation for the time of stripping it back down, nor did i ask for anything for the shipping of the head back to you nor did i ask for anything from you guys when i payed to have it put back together, and a matter of fact i split the cost of the new gaskets to put it back together. Randal and i put 8 lbs of air in the bike with nitrous and you guys adjusted the **** on the shocks to accomodate your guys weight not mine, and as far as the new one we added air pressure to the tires friday for that on also and that was it. saturday randal did have me put a 120 power jet in there along with a 30 or 40 that was installed on the other power jet so i was equivalant to running a 150 to 160 single powerjet. i new the 1 foot flame it was shooting out after you let off the gas was not right and something was wrong. well after i got home and started putting the bike back together guess what i found? the power jet that i installed the 120 in was pulled back out and the line running back to the same side was pinched off with vice grips, putting the bike back to almost the original place where i had it before i ever arrived. as far as it out running the nitrous bike that 12 oz bottle is only good for 2 to 3 passes at pismo . that bottle is not designed to spray a 1000 ft hill time after time. when i went to the hill friday night and ran with the banshees i got 2 good solid passes with the juice. saturday morning when i turned my wifes cousin loose with the bottle you all saw it come alive and smoke all those bikes up the hill. of course with randal on the new one and me on the other sure he was beating me up the hill but there was no nitrous left in it. im not disapointed in the motors you built im disapointed in the drama that there is just becouse i ask a question about kenz racing or something like that. i wished all you motor builders would get together and make one piece that would work together so i could put it in my bike that way its not a hpr ,pami, tvi, rw,and whomever i left out . as far as not being happy with the bike why did i build a second one. if i was so unhappy why did i talk to randal about a 855 stroker. a whole lot of facts are being left out of this discussion i dont know if it is becouse people are afraid of the truth or what, i know horsepower cost money butthe quote randal gave me scared me a little. i dont knock those people who have more than me im a type a guy who is happy for people when they can take a crap, fall back in it, and then come out smelling like roses. Before i came down there mario asked me if i needed a rider and i told him no becouse i did not really know him at the time,and why did i tell you guys i would not use his rider, noone ever states the truth, i told you guys it would not be fair to hpr since they built the motor to let someone else who i did not know if they were affiliated with another builder to ride it and then hold back on it to make it look bad. i have stuck by you guys threw all of this supporting your products and stuff then you come on here like im the one that started all this. whether i like it or you like we are bound together with these 2 bikes, its kinda like a divorce with kids, noone likes the situation but your still have to do it for the kids,. i guess it would be easier for me just to say im the one who laughed and joked about ray and i pissed myself off thats why i left. this way everyone can get on with there happy lifes. i really dont understand where you came from this morning you completely blew me away. now its turned from who was making comments about ray to were gonna gang up on to 2big becouse we have him outnumbered. i told you upfront its rediculous that people wont help out other people just becouse of the motor they run. i get called a racist all the time for my confederate flag and shaved head, but all that stuff does not mean a thing its only words and from what i see about this motor thing i feel its kinda racist. my word is my word. ask mrmeaner. we made a deal on a swingarm, even though i found out it would not work with my weight i told him i still would take it becouse that was my word. after he found out i was just gonna throw it away after buying it he would not sell it to me. befor you all judge know who you are judging. i came straight out and asked large mouth if he was one of the ones that was making fun of him and he had no response. i have apologized to him also

Old 01-30-2006, 05:38 PM
Trailblazer

My brother and I were there and staying in Al's toy hauler, but this is the first ive heard about any disrespect toward the blown turbo bike. Im not really sure who is left out of the Arizona guys that would have been laughing about the failed motor. I didnt see it happen and found out about it later on in the evening.

Old 01-30-2006, 06:19 PM
Pro Rider

whether the guys were from California, Arizona,Tiajuana. texas or africa it should have never happened if a couple Az boys got cought in the friendly im sorry but whatever state or universe they came from it was totaly uncalled for so far all the az boys if you were not the ones sorry if it was one of the cali boys, im sorry and ashamed of the way the cali boys acted no matter what state they came from it was totaly un called for. and for you sandaholic i have no hidden agendas and stated before i went down there just to see what was going on and to meet some new people. whats the shame is, i could not tell you right now whichone eric and randal were i dont remember which one was the tall one or which one was the shorter one. i remember aceis back becouse i was joking with hhim and dan. i remember who sandbomber was becouse we spent some time discussing a few things at first he seemed arrogant, but whn he told me what he set out to do and acomplished it. i understood exactly where he was coming from. and that it was not arrogance it was called experience. the 2 seem to get mied together quite easy. i remember[ hard1] not by name but by his face becouse he is the one who helped with the pipe. i remember 2 guys drinking apple pie could not tell you there names. i remember a big guy like myself in a sandrail but no name, ray becouse of his turbo and all the turmoil after. the guy right behind me in the tent who helped throw my bikes ontop of the trailor. i could not pick any of you out if you were in a police line up and be 100% sure who you were. vegas650. i bought the frame from him but i dont know who he is. i have no hidden agendas in anything i do nobody owes me a thing, just like the guy who needed gas hose for his bike i dont know who he was but yet i opened my part box to him as some of you did me. i have no hard feelings towards you guys i just cant stand what happened to ray. i wished all 3 of mine would blow up that way there would not be all this hassal for caring that someones bike blew up. and for all the people who sentthe pms and emails dont worry about me dropping the dime on you on here im sure we will all meet again. life is to short especialy when having to deal with something like this. sandholic did you go down there with other agendas? were you the one in complete white and blue riding gear?

Old 01-30-2006, 06:52 PM
Pro Rider - Oldham Racing
BUILDS THE FASTEST DS's ON THE PLANET!

Want a hot DS, or maybe one of the fastest DS's on the planet? This is the man to contact!

2Big, I will be glad to call you and let you tell me exactly what I can do to make you happy. If I said or did or didn't do anything at FSW it was not personal and that is the total truth. Me and Randall were operating on absolutely no sleep, no food and maximum stress to please everybody and make some bikes go up the hill fast with very little tuning time. There is no way to meet every expectation because we are human. Expect a call from me soon and relax bro life is good!

Old 01-30-2006, 07:04 PM
Administrator¿
Resident Killer!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men". Willy Wonka: 1971
Cigars! Earth ne'eer did breed such a jovial weed.
A Tiger Doesn't Lose Sleep Over Opinions of Sheep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-30-2006, 07:22 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 2BIG2BFAST
Sandholic . . . were you the one in complete white and blue riding gear?
I don't think so. . . I heard he only wore some kind of velvet riding pants [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Oh wait, that's Blackhawk [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

I think about the only agenda these guys would have had was to make Apple Pie. . . and I mean that in a good way! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Anyone will tell you. . . DS Days is a much better atmosphere for getting to know everyone. Sure, we drag race but, there is more focus on talking politics with ???'s girlfriend. . . (who's lady was that again. . . I was in my trailer and couldn't get any sleep. . . ) and drinking fine tasting refreshments [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

We did get technical and discuss Man-O-Meters so, everyone learned a little something as well.

Old 01-30-2006, 07:34 PM
Trailblazer

I was also in the camp and saw the turbo bike parked next to the camper. The only time I saw that bike was the last night before we left and never saw it run once. I had no idea the motor was blown either. I just thought it was cool because thats the first time I've seen one in person, and wished I saw it run the hill.

I remember joking around about the Turbo/NOS/800/TVI/Monorail DS with the colorful paint job. I seriously think this is all a miscommunication. Maybe the guy that overheard the joking thought it was about Ray's DS. Like I said, I had no idea there was a turboed DS in our camp until the last night we were there and never saw it run once. I will admit to joking around about the Monorail, but I didnt hear anything about Ray's.

Quick Reply: Results from MLK!!!